346

Advice Request
This person is having trouble making conversation with a guy they like.

Answered Submission
Hello there!

Starting a conversation sounds easy, but it's like you said: sometimes, it is tough. However, I applaud you for taking the initiative—for being the one to want to make the move instead of waiting for him to text you first. It's not bad to wait for someone to text you first, but I admire people who are able to make the first move.

I would advise for you to start a conversation with something light or something that you have in common. It could be that you share the same class with him or that you work at the same place as him. Use that common ground, and ask him something related to your class or work. For example: 'Did you understand what we learned in class today?' After that, you can try to steer the conversation away to things that you guys usually talk about.

Or you could always start a conversation with him by asking him a random question about the world or just things that you are curious about, whether that involves him or not. Sending memes, pictures, or jokes that you guys share with each other would be a great way to start a conversation too.

If you still find it hard to come up with something to talk to him about, try to think about what kinds of conversations you have with your friends. Think of how you guys start your conversations, and try to apply similar methods to him.

Remember, it is tough, but you have to muster up all the courage you can, and don't think too deep into anything. Just press send, and let time do the rest because nothing will happen until you press that 'Send' button.

I hope this helps you a lot, and I wish you the best of luck!

Love,

The Advice Column Team