386

Advice Column
This person has insecurities about their skin.

Answered Submission
Hello sweetheart,

You're different, yes, but you're also beautiful. I know it's really hard to accept how you are, but, my dear, it's your skin and your body. If you don't give it the love it needs, who else will?

Acceptance is the only way to get through and kill your insecurity. I cannot tell how hard it is for you to deal with people's stares and questions, but you can use some positivity here. When someone stares at you, smile at them. When someone asks you about your skin, tell them what it's all about and tell them you love your skin the way it is.

Cutting doesn't help in any way. In fact, it harms you. The more you tell bad things about yourself, to yourself, the more it will hurt. It's natural to go on thinking negatively once you get one bad thought. The solution is to say to yourself "Yes, I'm different and I'm in love with myself" and believe it, instead of saying "I've got flaws, others are perfect, why am I like this? etc.."

You were created by the One who never does injustice to anyone. You're perfect in the way you are, so love yourself. Feed on positivity. Once you start doing that and become confident, everyone else's nasty comments become background noise.

It's all about who you are from the inside. Everyone gets saggy, wrinkled skin once they grow old anyway, so why worry about it?

I hope you feel better,
The Advice Column Team