343

Advice Request
This person's significant other has moved away and that has created some long-distance issues.

Answered Submission
Hello!

As you've said, you can't visit or contact him easily. If you still do think that you two have a chance in being together sometime in the future, you should keep his social media accounts/email/phone number. This way, you'll know how to contact him when you are allowed to date. However, if I really take a look at your current circumstances, my best advice for you would be to try to live your own life. You have built your life around him. I don't have the right to say whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, but since he's not around you much anymore, it has left you feeling sad. There are ways to get out of this sadness.

My advice would be for you to:

1. Try to hang out with your other friends more.
This way, you will not feel as lonely and also not be focused on him.

2. Find your own happiness.
Building your own life is important, as it is the best way to ensure that you live your life happily. Do something that you want to do, and do your best in it. It is okay to find happiness in other people, but at the same time, it's important for you to have your own source of happiness so that you don't depend on others too much.

3. Believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel.
You might feel sad and heartbroken right now because you can't contact him or see him easily, but believe me, over time you will learn how to cope with being away from him. Your scars will heal.

I don't know how far away his current house is from yours, but if you really feel like you want to still keep in touch with him, why don't you try to negotiate something with your parents regarding this? Would it be okay for you to just remain friends with him for now? That way, you can ask your parents to allow you to still contact him. But to earn your parents' trust, you will need to keep your word and remain just friends with him for now.

If at the end of the day, it didn't work out, you're still a young teen. You have a long way to go, and you'll meet lots of other people. Even if it seems that everything is not how you want it, one day, it will be.

Also, don't say that you're not pretty. You've said that you and him had gotten together before he moved away, so I would say that that's an obvious sign that he likes you.

I hope this helps you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Love,

The Advice Column Team