316

Advice Request
This person is losing their confidence.

Answered Submission
Hi there!

First of all, I just want to say that you don't need to change yourself or the way that you act; I understand that you might not like your sensitive side, but it's part of what makes you who you are.

On another note, if you really want to try to decrease your anxious thoughts and sensitive actions, then it seems like you have done pretty well so far. To go from someone who would cry if too stressed, etc., to someone who is witty and confident is great! The fact that you did manage this tells me that those traits were already there—they were just going undiscovered.

Almost losing a friendship due to your sensitivity can be tough, but your friend is still there, and you are still friends, so that shows that he likes you for who you are and not because of your competitive wittiness. So keep being you, and I'm sure he'll continue to be your friend, regardless of any sensitive emotions. Don't worry too much about how you should react or respond to something he says and just go with the flow of wherever the conversation leads.

Just be you; that's all any friend wants.

I hope this helps,

The Advice Column Team