385

Advice Request
This person is confused about an observation their crush shared with them.

Answered Submission
Hi there!

Having a crush can certainly make your life feel like a mess. My advice to you would be to sit back and take it easy. Enjoy the friendships and interactions you have with the people around you. Feelings can have plently of time to be developed and confirmed, so don't push yourself too hard to sorting out your love life — just let it flow!

Now, there is a possibility that your crush is only saying that to see your reaction. Perhaps he wants to make sure if you have feelings for your best friend. Whether or not this possibility is correct, don't feel too troubled about what he said. Just because someone thinks you make a good match with someone else doesn't mean that they're really the one for you. As long as you don't have any feelings towards your friend, you've got nothing to worry about.

As for knowing whether your crush likes you or not, start out by getting to know him more. When you two speak, try to ask him questions about himself. Hang out with him more if you get the chance. Learn more about him and perhaps let him learn a little more about you.

With time, things will become clear on their own. There's no need to rush into finding out about each other's feelings before knowing each other better. As I said, just let things flow.

Good luck!

Love,
The Advice Column