309

Advice Request
This person doesn't know how to approach a guy she might like.

Answered Submission
Hi there!

Since you feel very strongly for him and it's bugging you that you're not doing anything, I think it would be a good step to approach him and get to know him more.

I know you have said that you don't know how to approach him. Well, actually, to approach someone, you just have to walk up to them and say hi. But to do that, it will probably take a lot of courage, especially since you like him.

If you're too nervous to just walk over to him and start a conversation, these tips might help:

1. Try to find out what he likes first from his friends or people who know him.
You can use this information when you strike up a conversation with him. You like music, and a lot of people like music. There's a chance that he could like the same artists/bands that you like.

2. When introducing yourself, try to look confident.
Don't look too nervous, but don't look too overconfident. Just give him your usual smile and say hi.

3. Try to understand the situation he's in.
You have to know when's the right time to talk with him. Don't talk to him when he's in a rush to go somewhere.

4. If you're still too nervous to talk to him, try to ask for the help of your mutual friends to introduce you to him.
After your friends have introduced you, you can ask him about the things he likes and so on. Think of the things that you've talk about with new people you've met before. This is optional, but as a practice, you can try to talk to some people that you have never talked to before.

I know people have this mentality where boys should be the ones who do the asking out part and girls should only wait for boys to ask them out, but you know what? You don't have to think of it that way. What's so bad about girls asking boys out? That does not mean the girl is desperate. That just means that the girl knows what she wants and is willing to step up for it. You should ask him out when you feel like you're ready. I'll be rooting for you.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with him!

Love,

The Advice Column Team