304

Advice Request
This personal feels as if something is wrong.

Answered Submission
Hi,

Don't feel sorry about your problems. We care about you. No matter how many problems you had, we would try to help you the best we can.

I know you're afraid. What you're currently experiencing is not a light matter. As someone who's unauthorized to diagnose people, I cannot say what you currently have. However, from what you have said, I suspect it is a form of mental illness.

Now this doesn't mean that there's something wrong with you. Mental illnesses have a lot of different factors. Why it happens or when is out of our control. We cannot stop it from happening.

Without proper treatment, this would only affect you negatively. I need you, really need you, to tell someone about this. Mental illness is something that needs to be treated just like physical illness.

The first step would be to tell your parents so they can take the proper actions by arranging a meeting with a psychiatrist or doctor. If you're feeling nervous about telling your parents, you could at least try to tell the counsellor at your school. Ask them to help you with telling your parents.

The most important thing is to seek help. As much as we can try to help you, our help has its limits. We can try to be here for you, virtually, but you still need someone to look after you physically.

I hope you'll get better soon and if there's anything you want us to help with, don't ever feel shy or that you're bothering us. We'll always be here.

Love,
The Advice Column