306

Advice Request
The requester thinks her best friend likes the same guy that she does and she doesn't know whether he likes her, her best friend or neither.

Answered Submission
Hello,

I understand how confusing this may feel for you. My main piece of advice here would be to let fate decide its course. I know it sounds cheesy (and impossible) since you would like to know about it now, but if you force this kind of thing then what you might be hoping for might never happen.

You've said that your friend has denied having feelings for him but you're still not sure. I would suggest trusting what she says. I'm sure she would be honest with you if she did like him. If you're still not convinced ask her about the other guy that she liked before to see if she still likes him.

She could just be saying that "C" is chill in a friendly way, with no crush involved. Considering their lockers are next to each other, speaking to each other is inevitable. However, just because they do talk to each other it doesn't mean that they like each other.

I know with crushes in school there always seems to be like there has to be a meaning behind every action; such as him offering your friend a solution or him looking over in your direction. Truth is, though, there isn't always a meaning behind it. It could be that "C" was just being a nice person by helping your friend out. He might not have been looking at either of you when he looked in your direction.

Does your friend know that you like him? If not, then maybe you could tell her that you like him. If she does know, then perhaps her conversations with him at the locker are only to find out if he likes you.

There's a lot of ways that this kind of situation can turn out. Only time will tell what will happen. For now, stay focused on your work and speak to your friend about how you feel. She might as well be able to help you.

I hope this helps,
The Advice Column