315

Advice Request
This person is confused about their best friend's actions.

Answered Submission
Hi there,

You were right to tell her to stop it, and it's reasonable that you would be angry with her.

What should you do? My advice would be for you to talk this out with her. Ask her why she would want to hurt the girl, and yes, I know it's because she dislikes the girl, but is what she wants to do really necessary? Try to tell her to not waste any energy on someone she hates. Just let them be. It's not worth going out of her way to hurt them. Try to have a civilized conversation with her on how to deal with people that we dislike. Have a discussion with her on what we should really do when we dislike someone.

Should you forget it? I personally think you should, and don't hold this over her for the rest of your life. People make mistakes. She dislikes the girl, and in the moment of weakness, she might make a bad decision. But that doesn't mean you should let her do something like this again. She might have another moment of weakness, and you need to be there for her. As a best friend, you should be there to guide her when she's trying to do something wrong.

I hope this helps, and I really do hope everything goes well.

Love,

The Advice Column Team