360

Advice Request
The requestor has disagreements with their readers.

Answered Submission
Hey!

I completely understand how frustrating that might be for you. You've put a lot of effort into creating your characters and building them up, so it's definitely not fair that people are dismissing their appearances.

Although it is annoying, you should still continue to work on your stories and publish them regardless of what some of your readers are saying. If the comments of character appearance/casting still continue to annoy you, then you could write a little Author's Note at the beginning of your story that kindly asks your readers not to disregard your casting/character descriptions. You could let them know that if they do not agree with your selections or do not picture the character in the same way, then they do not need to comment about it on your story.

Everyone pictures characters differently, even if there is a cast in place, so you may still face a few comments like the ones you've already received. I know it will be difficult to ignore, but all you have to remember is that your characters are yours,  so it doesn't really matter how someone else is picturing them, especially since you'll have some readers who will picture them as you intended.

I hope this helps,
The Advice Column Team