361

Advice Request
The requestor is confused about their feelings towards two people.

Answered Submission
Hi!

I'm sorry that you've found yourself in another confusing situation. I'll try to help as best I can.

I would first say that even though you like "Carson," you should try to put a little distance between you and him because it's not fair to you or his girlfriend that he is flirting with you. If he really does like you, then he will need to sort a few things out in his life before he acts on his feelings. The last thing you want is to come between a relationship.

Both guys seem like very nice people, with "Sean" complimenting you and "Carson" being a good friend at youth group.
I think, in this situation, you have to ask yourself who you like more. From what you've said, I have a feeling it might be "Carson," which is a slightly more complicated situation considering he has a girlfriend. But if it is him that you like more, then confronting your feelings for him and telling him would be the beneficial thing to do. If he likes you back, it means you can work on what happens next. He does still have a girlfriend, however. If he says he doesn't like you in that way, then it means you can ask him/tell him that you'd appreciate it if he didn't continue to flirt with you so you can continue to be friends.

This is the same for if you like "Sean" more than "Carson." You can talk to him more and get to know him better; this way, you'll be able to see if he likes someone else or not before you decide to tell him that you like him.

I hope this helps,
The Advice Column Team