1.

//Welcome to Closer 2! This is the continuation of Closer, so I recommend reading that first if you haven't! //

"Did you take Elise's passport?" Brett asked as he looked through his violin case for it. Traveling was stressful. Traveling with an almost one year old was even worse. Especially because this almost one year old was crawling all over the floor and pulling stuff out of the suitcases and bags they had just packed.

"No, you put that in the diaper bag," Eddy said, catching Elise just as she was about to crawl into her bedroom. He lifted her up on his arm and kissed her cheek, causing giggles from her.

"Right, of course," Brett sighed, going to check it was there. It was of course.

"Come here for a bit," Eddy said, pulling Brett into a quick hug and a kiss despite having Elise on one arm. "We got everything. Your mom is waiting in the car outside. Let's just bring everything out and let's go so we won't be late."

"I'm sure you're right, sweetie, but I have to check," Brett said, nissing both his and Elise's cheeks. "It's just the carry-on stuff I gotta check, though, so if you want to take the suitcases..."

"If you can take her, then sure," Eddy said, handing Elise over to Brett without waiting for a reply. Brett took her automatically like he had a million times before.

"Wanna help baba check what we have forgotten?" Brett asked Elise, disappearing into their bedroom to check if they had left anything there.

Eddy grabbed the nearest suitcase, dragging it with him out the front door to the waiting car with a smiling mrs Yang in front of it.

"Morning mrs Yang thank you for taking us to the airport," he said with a smile as she approached him to pat his cheek.

"Ah, of course Eddy dear," she said, patting his cheek and going to open the trunk. "You sure Elise should come? She is so young, she can stay with granny!"

"Belle would love to spend some time with her as well, you know," Eddy chuckled as he lifted the suitcase into the trunk. Seeing the space, he was grateful one of Belle's friends had offered to let them borrow a stroller. "She has only seen her once, and that was almost half a year ago. She's grown so much since then."

"Ah, Belle can come home then!" granny Yang tsk'ed, but didn't get to say anything more as Eddy went back indoors to fetch the last two suitcases. It looked like they were moving, but staying there for a month required some packing.

"Please explain to your mother why we're doing this again," Eddy pleaded quietly to Brett as he came out of the bedroom with a few items that both should definitely go in the suitcase and that granny Yang didn't need to see. He had put them in a plastic bag and quickly slipped them in the suitcase before Eddy got to them.

"What? I already told her it's to... Oh hi mom," Brett said, his tone switching immediately as his mother entered the house. He was very glad he had put the items he had found in the bedroom in the suitcase before she entered.

"My little princess!" granny Yang exclaimed, holding her arms out for Brett to place Elise in. She gave her a quick kiss on the cheek immediately when he did. "Ah to think I'm going to miss yiur first birthday!"

"I promise we'll celebrate when we get home, mom. You'll just miss it by a few days," Brett sighed, watching Eddy head outside with the suitcases.

About an hour later, they waved goodbye to granny Yang at the airport.

"Are you excited for this?" Eddy asked Brett softly, sneaking an arm around him as they waited in the queue to check in. Elise had fallen asleep against Brett's shoulder, which impressed both of them as the airport wasn't exactly a quiet place.

"Yeah, it'll be like... A new adventure," Brett chuckled, kissing Eddy quickly before having to move forward in the line.

"It definitely will," Eddy confirmed with a content exhale.