Talk About It

You have been with Trey for two years and he has been coming home in a different attitude. You decide to confront the issue now before it is too late.

Yu: Hey baby.

T: Wassup?

He say putting taking his sweater off.

Yu: How was it today?

T: It was alright.

Yu: You don't want me to do anything?

T: No, it's fine.

You start walking away and stop.

Yu: Are you sure you're ok?

T: Yeah.

Yu: I don't think so. You been acting different lately.

T: I'm fine alright? Just leave it alone.

Yu: Why can't you just talk to me? Something is wrong with you. You know you can talk to me.

T: I SAID IM FINE!

You jump so the unexpected reaction.

Yu: Fine, don't talk to me.

You walk to your bedroom and lay on the bed. You can't believe Trey just yelled at you. He never yells at you. What hurt the most is that he is not talking to you about his problems. You know something is wrong with him. You don't want to cry but it's already coming out. You lay your head on a pillow and cry quietly. You hear the door open.

T: Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you.

He sits next to you as you are facing away from him.

Yu: That was really uncalled for. I wanted to help you.

T: I know and I'm stupid for that. I just been through so much lately.

You get up and face him.

Yu: All you have to do is talk to me Trey. I don't want you stressed out to the point that you just explode. I love you.

T: I just don't want you to be dragged in my mess.

Yu: Trey, I been with you for two years. Your mess is my mess, no matter how uncomfortable it might be. We can work through it together.

T: You are right. I'm glad I have you.

Yu: Just don't yell at me anymore. I don't take that. You better be lucky I didn't retaliate on your ass.

He giggles as you pull him towards you.

Yu: I love you.

T: I love you too.

He kiss you and you smile.

Yu: We have all night. Talk to me.

You cross your legs as Trey turns around, looking at you.

Yu: I'm all ears.