Can't Help But Wait

You and your boyfriend have been together for almost a year and it's not a healthy relationship. He keeps putting his hands on you, but you don't want to make things worse by leaving him. Your neighbor and friend, Trey, always try to make you leave your boyfriend, but you can't.

Your boyfriend is upset because you didn't come home on time. He keeps grabbing you roughly and you try to stop him.

Yu: Please stop, you're hurting me!

B: I told you to come home and you come home immediately!

He push you on the chair and throws a pillow at you as he continues yelling at you.

B: Don't do it again!

He walks away and you continue crying.

Later That Day

You walk in the coffee shop and get something to eat. You look to your left and see Trey looking at you. You smile and he motions you to talk to him. You walk over and sit in front of him.

Yu: Hey.

T: Wassup baby?

You smile at his reply.

Yu: How have you been?

T: I been good, but I know you not.

You look down as you know he overheard what happened earlier.

T: I know you and your boyfriend are not on good terms right now. You need to leave him. You shouldn't be with a boy who puts his hands on you.

Your phone buzz as you look at the text from your boyfriend.

B: Bring yo' ass home now!

You frown a bit and look at Trey.

Yu: I'm so sorry. I have to go.

T: He told you to go home didn't he?

Yu: No, I have errands that I have to finish.

He looks at you disappointed.

T: Ok, I'll see you later.

Yu: Bye.

You kiss his cheek and leave to go back home. You see your boyfriend on the couch.

B: You're on time this time. Go make me some food.

You put your stuff down and go in the kitchen to cook.

One Hour Later

He is sitting down at the table as you sit his plate of food in front of him. He smile as you smile back at him. He looks down and frowns.

B: What the hell is this?

Yu: What's wrong?

You say as you try to figure out what you did wrong.

B: I don't want this, it don't have any meat!

He throws the plate on the ground, breaking it. You cry and run out of the apartment complex. He meets you outside.

B: Who you think you are walking out on me?

Yu: I'm sorry I can't do this anymore.

He grabs your arms roughly and yells at you.

B: Don't you ever walk out on me damn it!

Trey push him back.

T: Hey boy, don't be putting your hands on a lady! What's wrong with you?!

He say as he punch him in the face.

Yu: Trey don't hurt him! Stop!

You pull him off your boyfriend and Trey walks away pissed. You look down at him and cry.

Yu: I'm so sorry baby.

B: Get your damn hands off of me!

You quickly take your hands off of him as he stands up. He walks back in the building as you continue crying.

Next Day

You walk out of your apartment and look to see if he is coming up. You walk towards Trey's apartment and knock on the door. Trey opens it with no shirt off, looking at you.

T: Hey baby.

Yu: Hey. I want to apologize about what happened last night.

T: Don't apologize, he deserved it. He know to not put his hands on you.

You smile at him defending you.

Yu: Thank you Trey.

T: You don't need to thank me either.

Yu: Yes I do. I need to thank you for everything. I'm just so stupid for dealing with him for this long.

You look down at your hands and Trey tilts your head back up.

T: You need someone better than him.

He leans closer to you as you do the same. You are inches away from his lips when your boyfriend walk to the door and looks at you two. You both look at him and it gets silent. You get scared as he looks at what is going to happen. Trey grabs your hand and pulls you inside his apartment.

T: She needs a man who don't put his hands on her.

He slams the door and you smile.

T: Now where were we?

You pull him closer to you and kiss him.

Yu: Thank you.

T: Don't thank me baby.

He crash his lips on yours as you both stand by the door, making out.