Forget About "Him"

It's been a couple of weeks since you broke up with your boyfriend, Dustin, because you caught him cheating with a chick from his job. You kicked him out of your apartment and been depressed ever since. Every now and then, your guy friend, Tremaine, would try to come over and help you take your mind off of Dustin.

You hear a knock on the door and instantly get upset.

Yu: Oh my gosh, it's too early for this.

You look at the clock and it's almost noon. You get out of bed and go to the door. You open it and see Tremaine standing in front of you.

Yu: Yes Tremaine?

T: Good afternoon would be nice Lexi.

He walks in as you close the door.

Yu: Good afternoon, now what you want?

T: You know what I want; you need to get over that guy.

Yu: Tremaine, I can't stop. You and I have done everything and it don't work.

T: No we haven't. I'm not going to stop until you don't even remember this dude's name.

You smile and roll your eyes. He walks in the kitchen and fixes himself a sandwich. You look at him like he's crazy.

T: Hell, I'm hungry.

Yu: You live across from me, why didn't you eat before you came banging on my damn door?

T: Someone is rude this afternoon.

Yu: I wouldn't be if I hadn't had interruption while I was sleep.

He walks towards you and pulls you into a hug.

T: Go upstairs and get dressed. I promise that this will help you forget about him.

You look at him as he kiss your forehead.

Yu: Fine, whatever.

He let you go as you walk to your room.

T: Fix that thing on your head too!

Yu: I know you ain't talking about my hair! You need to cut that zoo on your head!

T: Hey, I like this zoo on my head! You just focus on that damn catastrophe on yours!

Yu: I hate you!

He laughs before answering back.

T: I love you too!

You get your clothes ready as you turn the shower on. You take your hair out of a bun and strip out of your clothes. You open the shower door and climb in as the hot water touch your skin. An exhale escapes your lips as relaxation fills the room.

An Hour Later

You run your hair down your straight hair and grab your phone. You walk in the living room and Tremaine stands.

T: Now you look so much better.

Yu: I didn't ask you to come by my apartment early before noon alright?

T: I didn't need your permission. After all the years we have been friends, I'm surprised I haven't gotten my own key.

Yu: You don't pay my rent! Take that somewhere else homie!

He laughs as you both head out of the apartment down to the lobby.

Yu: Which car are we going in?

T: We can go in mine.

Yu: Good because I don't feel like driving.

You hop in the passenger's side as Tremaine starts the engine.

T: What you feel like listening to?

You shrug your shoulders.

Yu: I don't care, I listening to anything.

T: Well you put whatever you want to listen to on. I'm driving.

You look up at him.

Yu: You didn't even get out of the parking spot yet.

He put the car in reverse while he looks at you. You roll your eyes as you try to find something to listen to.

Yu: Where are we going anyway?

T: First off, we are going to the mall. I don't care if you have enough things in your apartment, you are getting more things.

Yu: What if I don't get anything?

T: Oh I know you Lexi, you will get something. Wherever you go, you will leave the place with something.

Yu: Boy you know me so well.

You both giggle as he turns to a different street.

Yu: Don't you have to work?

T: I took off so you can stop moping around your damn apartment. You have no idea how tired I am of hearing depressing music pouring out of your room.

Yu: Well it's your fault for living across from me.

T: Hey, I promised your mom that I would always be there for you.

Yu: Whatever Tremaine.

He smiles as he quickly parks near the front. He turns the engine off as you both get out.

Yu: Another reason why you know me so well, I don't want to walk just to get in the door. I already walk too much just to get things in there.

He laughs as he locks the car. You walk in and do a little shopping. You are trying to get the least amount possible, but almost everything is calling your name. You and Tremaine are walking and talking when you smile.

T: What?

Yu: If I ask for something, would you be scared?

T: I don't know because it's you.

Yu: What, you don't trust me?

T: I do, but it's you Lexi.

Yu: Since you trust me, then that's a no?

T: No, I wouldn't be scared.

Yu: Alright, go get that damn thing cut off your head.

He looks at you and rolls his eyes. You two stop at the hair salon as you smile from ear to ear.

Yu: Come on!

You grab his hand and walk in.

About Thirty Minutes Later

Yu: Why are you mad? You look better than before.

You giggle as you both walk in your apartment.

T: I lowkey hate you right now.

Yu: Oh come on, you can't say you don't like it Tremaine.

T: My hair was just fine before.

You wrap your arms around him as he look in the mirror.

T: I ain't tripping really, it will grow back out.

Yu: And I'm going to make you cut it again. You really look good Tremaine.

T: Whatever.

He walks away as you giggle.

Yu: I want to say thanks for today. It really did take my mind off of what's his name.

He turns and laughs at your comment.

T: I'm glad you forgot about him. Now go change so we can go out again.

Yu: What, where?

T: We going to the movies now go get dressed.

You roll your eyes and go to your room.