Just Gotta Make It

You and Trey have been together for three years and you both are working hard to stay stable. However, you both have financial issues like past due bills for electricity and water. You get increasingly scared, but Trey is the one to keep the hopes up.

Trey gets dressed to go to work as you look at him.

T: I'll be back baby.

Yu: Have a good day at work.

He kiss you on your forehead and leave the house. Trey walks down the street and see this couple who are lavishing, rolling in a Mercedes. He imagines both of you as the couple, having luxury and live happy. He shakes his head, trying to get back to reality and walks towards his boys in the Cadillac.

T: Wassup man?

He gives them all a handshake as he hops in and they ride to the barbershop. He walk in and greet all the barbers.

T: Wassup everyone?

He gives everyone a handshake before walking to his studio. Trey would always go back there and make music. He put his headphones on and start singing.

Lookin' at cha day after day

I know I just gotta make it

I just gotta make it

Just to see that smile up on ya face

I know I just gotta make it

Just gotta make it

You are at home looking at the mail that just came in and more past due bills. You put your face in your hands and stress continues to build.

Yu: Lord please help us.

You pray out loud as you start breaking down. You hear the phone ringing and answer it after clearing your throat.

Yu: Hello?

C: Hello, is this Tremaine Neverson?

Yu: This is his girlfriend. May I ask who is calling?

C: This is Craig Kallman from Atlantic Records and I have heard about him. I think he would be am amazing singer and I would be proud to bring him into the family.

Your face drops to the floor as you hear him. You want to cry, but you are too excited. You look out of the window and see Trey coming towards the door.

Yu: I'll let you talk to him.

C: Ok.

You run outside as Trey looks at you.

T: Hey baby-

Yu: Trey answer it.

T: Who is it?

Yu: Craig Kallman from Atlantic Records.

T: Are you serious?

Yu: Yes I am serious.

You give him the phone as he takes a deep breath before he answers.

T: Hello?

You watch him as you get anxious about what is about to happen. You see him smiling as you continue waiting to ask what happened.

T: Ok, I'll see you Monday. Thank you so much, goodbye.

He hang up the phone as looks at you.

T: I'm seeing him Monday.

Yu: Oh my gosh!

You hug him as he picks you up.

Yu: Finally something turned up for us. Thank you God.

T: I know baby.

He let you down as you start crying again.

T: Don't cry baby.

Yu: I'm just so happy right now.

He kiss you as you wrap your arms around him.

T: I love you.

Yu: I love you too.

You both smile at each other as both of your lives are about to change.