Nightmares Plague Us All

POV: Simon

Warnings: None

Word Count: 954

-Begin Chapter-

I looked down at the now sleeping boy in my arms. We had gotten up and cleaned ourselves before laying back down. Vik was now wrapped tightly in my arms, dressed in JJ's shirt and Josh's sleeping pants. I could see the mark that was beginning to form on his neck from where I attacked it. I let a smile come to my face as I looked the mark. I couldn't help but be proud that I left that, that Vikk trusted me enough to let go like that and let me take care of him.

I ran my fingers through the dark locks as he slept, finally doing what I had plan to do on my way home; I watched him sleep. I knew I should probably sleep too, but I didn't want to, at least not yet. I just wanted to enjoy holding this precious Little Star.

I heard a soft knock on my door. I turned to look at it and watched as it opened, revealing my tall blonde friend with Vik's dark-haired friend in his arms.

"Hey," he said quietly, "Do you mind if we sit for you for a minute? Preston needs to be close to Vik for a little bit, he had a really had nightmare."

I could see how the dark-haired boy had tears on his face still, his hand clinging to Cal's shirt, slightly shaking. He must have had a nightmare about Vik. I felt a pain in my heart. I know how he feels all too well.

"Yeah." I said quietly. "You can sit on the other side of the bed so Preston can see Vik but be quiet, he is sleeping."

Cal nodded and moved in, kicking the door closed softly with his foot.

I followed him with my eyes as he moved to the other side of the bed. He sat down, getting comfortable against the headboard. He settled Preston on his lap so he was sitting sideways, overlooking a sleeping Vik.

"Hey, Preston," I said quietly, giving him a reassuring smile while I continued to run my fingers through Vik's hair.

"Hey." He replied quietly, his voice lacking what I knew to be its usual cheerfulness. He just looked at Vik, watching the boy in my arms sleep. It took a few minutes but his shaking finally stopped and he relaxed against Cal, his eyes slightly drooping.

I looked up to Cal to see a look of relief on his face. He honestly looked terrible. Bags under his eyes, redness from lack of sleep, worry lines almost permanent on his forehead.

He must have been not been sleeping, choosing to take care of Preston instead. He must really care about him. I don't know why though. He doesn't even know him.

I thought for a second before deciding to help him get some rest. From what I can see, Preston was having nightmares about Vik. Maybe he will sleep better being with Vik in the same bed, I know I will.

"Do you wanna lay down here with us?" I asked softly. "Maybe Preston will sleep better in the same room as Vik?"

Cal looked at me with wide eyes, before looking back down at Preston. Preston moved to meet his gaze.

"Please." He pleaded softly. I watched as Cal smiled down at him.

"Ok."

He kissed Preston's forehead, causing the boy's eyes to close and a sigh to come from him. His brown eyes opened back up and he looked back up and into Cal's eyes.

The smile on Cal's face was the purest I had ever seen. Preston slightly smiled back at him, a little bit of light coming back to him.

Cal then moved his hands to Preston's hips and gently lifted him off his lap, way too easily in my opinion, and set him next to him. Preston and Cal then moved to lay down together under my covers with Vik and I. I assumed that they would either lay next to each other or spoon, but Preston surprised me.

Preston got under the covers and looked over his shoulder to watch and see when Cal was laying all the way down. When the tall man was laying down, Preston turned around and moved to bury himself into Cal's chest, his hands resting under his chin making him look small. Cal had a shocked look his face, but he didn't waste time and wrapped his arms around the boy and hold him close.

Cal looked at me with his bright blue eyes, silently asking me why Preston would cuddle with him like that instead of facing Vik.

I answered quietly, "He knows Vik is right here in my arms and that he isn't going anywhere and he trusts you to make sure of that so he can sleep peacefully."

"Oh." Was all he replied before looking down at the top of the dark haired boy. He moved his hand to run his fingers through the boy's brown hair, earning a sweet sigh. Cal then put his hand back on Preston's back and rested his head on top of Preston's, his eyes closing.

I watched as both of their breathing evened out and they fell asleep, both looking peaceful and happy.

I was about to close my eyes when I felt a pair of lips kiss my chest. I looked down to see Vik pulling away and snuggling back into my chest, a small smile on his face.

I smiled down at him and kissed the top of his head and then moved to rest my head on top of Vikk's and closed my eyes, letting myself fall into a peaceful slumber.

I guess I just did something right.

-End Chapter-

A/N: More Fluffiness! Yeah. Oh and I think I am going to move away from the original epilogue I wrote (If you haven't noticed I have already). Some things may happen in a different order at a different speed, so yeah. I hope you guys don't mind, just writing this as I have is sending it in a slightly different direction.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and may your day be filled with love, smiles, and laughs.