It's Time to Tell Them

Pov - Ethan

Warnings: Rejection

-Begin Chapter-

"Hey everyone can I get you all to come by the stairs for me?" rang out Josh's voice, pulling my attention from the conversation I was having with Simon and all the dads about Payet's future.

My eyes met Simon's and a sick feeling entered my stomach. Simon gave me a soft smile and reached out and laced his fingers with mine, squeezing my hand reassuringly, even though I know he was feeling as nervous as I was. I guess it's that sort of mothering instinct he has that makes his own needs and worries be pushed to the side for ours. I guess this the reason we changed his nickname to Momma Minter.

Together, he and I walked to where the stairs were, the rest of the guys gathered on them while our parents stood around the bottom of them. Simon led me through the crowd of our parents and up the stairs, the sound of my mom's sigh reaching my ears. I turned to see her eyes shining brightly as she looked at me proudly.

I hope she accepts our relationship. I don't know what I would do if she didn't accept us. I mean, she is my only family I have left, what am I supposed to do if she leaves me?  the thought itself filled me with dread. 

I must have had a look of worry in my eyes because I could see my mom's face fall, her eyes now shining with concern. She could always read me like a book and knew and understood when I was upset or something that was bothering me. I love my mum, I really do, I just hope she still loves me after we tell her about us.

I somehow pulled my gaze away from my mom and focused on climbing up the stairs with Simon. We walked up a few steps and moved so I now had Vikk next to me and JJ, Harry, and Tobi behind us. Josh was at the front, leading everything like he normally did. Such a Dad.

"So, I know a lot of you are wondering why we had bought this house and all decided to move in together all of the sudden."

There was a murmur of agreement from all the parents except Tobi's, who stood off to the side, their eyes watching us carefully. I could see the slight worry on their faces. They were the only people in this room beside us who knew everything. I know they had expressed their concern to Tobi about tonight, worried about eventual blow ups and stuff. Not everyone would be as accepting of our relationship as they were and we knew that, we never really discussed it, but we knew it.

I did my best to give them a reassuring smile but I knew it was in vain. The moments following this are going to either go good or ok or really bad. I sincerely hope it's not the later.

Josh continued to speak pulling my attention back to him, "We are going to explain it all to you in just a second, but please, listen to our whole story. We know you may be confused by some of what we are going to say and we know you will have questions. We will answer them, honestly, but we need you to listen to what we have to say first." he pleaded.

"Of course we will listen, Josh." called out his mom, her voice soft and kind, the other parents mumbling in agreement with her.

I wonder if she will still sound like that when she hears what we are going to say. I wonder if she is going to be kind and accepting or rage and scream at us.

"Thank you, now." Josh turned and gestured towards Tobi who was behind me. I turned to look at him, noticing how he was taking deep breaths, his body slightly shaking.

We talked about this earlier today, about who was going to tell our parents. Tobi volunteered, like the sweet person he was. Since his parents already knew, he figured it would be easier for him rather than the rest of us, to tell our parents. We slightly argued about it but in the end, we all agreed, even though we wish he didn't have to, but we knew he was right. Afterward, while Tobi was upstairs taking a shower, Vik suggested that when we go to bed that night, no matter what happened, that we put Tobi in the middle and all snuggle him as a way to thank him. Put him in the middle and protect him since he is going to stand out on the front lines for us.