Mom's Reaction

POV - Preston

Warnings: None

-Begin Chapter-

I sat in the chair near the pool rather sulkily, fully clothed as to hide the GIANT amount of marks that covered my stomach and thighs. Gosh dang it, Cal and Callux had way too much fun marking me up yesterday.

As I sat there, I looked at around, taking in all of the family and friends there. Well everyone except Landon. My dark haired cousin was currently getting ready to go to Australia with Lachlan for awhile. I felt a sick feeling enter my stomach as I thought. My poor cousin.

I could still see his tear stricken face as his parents told him that he was basically trash to them and that they never wanted to see him again.

Lachlan was immediately there by his side, wrapping his arms around Landon while telling his parents what they could do with the words they said. He then proceeded to lead Landon out of there, leaving me and the Cals to stand there with my parents and Landon's parents.

I felt so sick to my stomach and I just wanted out of there, scared for the rejection from my parents that was sure to come if I told them about mine and my boyfriends relationship.

Thankfully, my mom came to my rescue and told me to go check on Landon and that she would call me the next day. I hugged her tight in thanks and ran out, both of my men following me.

Together, Lachlan and I spent most of the night comforting Landon until he fell into an uneasy sleep in Lachlan's arms.

I ended up leaving a distressed looking Lachlan with Landon, deciding there was nothing else I could do, and walked to my room where my men were laying in bed waiting for me, concern written on their faces. I said nothing as I shed all of my clothes except for my boxers and crawled into the middle of the bed, each Cal on either side of me.

They didn't say anything either and instead wrapped their arms around me and each other, pulling the blankets up, essentially blocking me from the world.

None of us said anything as I fell asleep, i instead focused on the warmth and security that surrounded me.

None of us discussed it either the next day, basically walking around eggshells around Landon. It wasn't until I gave my suggestion from Vikk that he even came close to brightening up. Lachlan immediately began planning their trip to his home.

They were going to be leaving in 2 days, which was good for them, they needed to get away. Meanwhile, I was still gonna be here, trying to figure out how to tell my mom that I was in relationship with two other guys and that I was moving to England.

Speaking of my mom, I watched her approach me, a bright smile on her face.

"Preston, why aren't you in the pool hunny?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just don't feel like it today, plus I just ate so I don't want to get cramps and DIE!" I said, lying through my teeth. I just prayed my mom would just accept my excuse and drop it.

Yeah, like I am that lucky.

"Preston." said my mom slowly using her, well, mom voice.

"What?" I said, quickly standing up, "Am I not allowed to not want to swim?"

I sounded so freaking defensive.

"No, it's not that honey." she said, moving closer so her hand could cup my cheek. I let out a deep sigh and focuses on her warm hand against my cheek. I could still hear the party going on around us. Kids screaming, splashes of water, adults talking. I focused back on my mom as she spoke again.