Pain and Acceptance

POV – Tobi

Warnings: Poor JJ

-Begin Chapter-

There was a constant, steady pounding in my ear, almost like a heart beat. There was also a warmth below me and arms wrapped around me, filling me with warmth and content. I never wanted to move from where I was to be honest. I would happily live out the rest of my days, wrapped in these arms with this warmth below me.

I snuggled my face into, what a figured to be a persons chest, feeling the softness of the t-shirt JJ had been wearing earlier.

Wait...

Slowly I opened my eyes, blinking a few times, making the image of my mother's hospital room come to life. I could see her sitting up, talking to a nurse, a smile on her face. I slowly picked my head up and turned to look at JJ. I came face to face to the older boy, peacefully sleeping; his jaw slack and his face relaxed.

I took my eyes from his face to his chest, pushing myself up slowly with my hands, trying to figure out what was going on in my still sleepy daze. Last thing I remember was settling to take a nap in JJ's lap, his promise of waking me up if my mom woke up fresh in my mind.

Wait...

My attention snapped back to the woman in the bed.

"MOM!" I cried, scrambling to get off of JJ as fast as I could, practically falling to the floor in the process and somehow causing to JJ to let out a cry of pain. I ignored that though in favor of getting to my mom.

My mom's head turned just in time to see me coming before I was there, quickly wrapping my arms around her, squeezing her tight.

"Tobi!" she cried out in surprise.

I could feel the tears begin to fall down my face as I held her tight, relief filling me that she was awake.

"Tobi." My mom said again softly, her arms coming to wrap around me.

"Mom! I was so worried!" I replied, squeezing her tighter.

"I know baby, it's ok. I am ok." she said reassuringly, squeezing me a little bit.

"What the fuck!" cried out JJ, his voice sounding slightly higher than normal, bringing me back to reality..

I felt my mom move her head, looking over to my shoulder to JJ I assume.

"Um, Tobi. I think you hit JJ in a private area."

My open my closed eyes in shock. Slowly I released my mom and turned to look over behind me. There was JJ, rolling the floor, his hands between his knees, tears streaming down his face, pain evident.

"Shit." I cussed out before releasing my mom and running over to him. "JJ!" I cried out, diving to the floor, my hands reaching out for him.

"Dude, what the fuck?" cried out JJ, tears in his eyes, looking up at me, the betrayal clear. "What in the fucking hell did you do that for?" JJ rolled onto his back, his hands still between his legs.

"I'm sorry!" I cried out, feeling guilty. "I didn't mean to. I just saw my mom was awake and I just reacted! Wait...why was I laying on top of you anyway? Last thing I remember was falling asleep in the chair."

JJ groaned instead of answering.

"That would be my fault Tobi." Called my mom behind me. I turned to look a her, an apologetic smile on her face. "I told him to let you sleep and for him to sleep as well. You both looked so tired. Plus it was getting kind of late."

"Oh." I replied.

"Here." I looked over to see a nurse standing next to me, an ice pack in hand. "Have him put this on his crotch and I will go get him so pain killers and medicine for nausea."