Our Little Star

POV – Simon

Warnings: Crying

-Begin Chapter-

I dived to Vikk the second Preston released him, pulling My Little Star into my arms and I began crying, thankful that he was ok, feeling relief.

The only sort of trauma I did notice was his very red cheek. The thought that that monster even laid on finger on our Little Star sickens me. If that was the only thing that had happened to him physically though, I could say I would be relieved, but the same time sicken and disturbed. That monster had no right touch our baby.

I felt the others all come to join me on the floor by Vikk. They were probably saying something to him, but honestly I couldn't hear them. I was too focused on the boy in my arms. Vikk really hadn't moved or responded and that really worried me. I pulled him back from my chest far enough so I could look at him.

His eyes were still looking at my chest so I grabbed his chin and made him look up at me. I could see that he was on the brim of tears.

"Star." I said softly, moving my hand to cup his cheek. I could feel the roughness of Josh's beard against my face as he sat behind me and looked at Vikk over my shoulder.

I felt another face on my other shoulder but I didn't bother to look to see who it was.

More faces came into my peripheral vision, but I didn't focus on them. The one I was worried about the most was right in front of me and he still hadn't spoken yet.

"Vikk?" called the voice on my other shoulder. I realized it was Harry; I could hear a slight tremor in his voice.

Vikk's eyes looked to Harry for a moment before they moved around, examining each face around him before he turned his eyes slowly back to just me.

It was a tense moment of silence before he finally spoke.

"Papa." He breathed softly, the tears finally falling from his eyes and a smile forming on his face.

"Star." I said back, relief flooding through me. He was going to be ok.

He smiled at me for a moment more before he dived at me, wrapping his arms around me and everyone around him as much as he could. The others responded by surrounding him on each side, shielding him form everything bad in the world.

"Oh, Little Star." I muttered, kissing the top of his head, enjoying the feeling of him in my arms.

"Oh Vikk, we were so worried." Spoke up Ethan from next to Vikk. I turned my head to look at him. I could see the tears run down his really red face. "So worried." He mumbled again, kissing the top of Vikk's head, his crying increasing. I felt a pain in my heart at the sight of Ethan crying. It honestly didn't happen that often, but when it did, you know it was bad.

"We are so sorry Vikk." Said JJ from behind Vikk, his head resting on Vikk's shoulder, his voice sounded so apologetic. I looked over at him. I couldn't see his face, but I could see his shaking. "We should have been able to protect you." He mumbled. "Should have been able to fucking protect you." He cried out. His shaking getting worse.

It wasn't even a breath of a moment before Vikk spoke again.

"You had no idea JJ." Mumbled Vikk, his head still in my chest. "None of us did. There was no way we would have known that he would be here, that he would find me and Preston..." His voice slight trailed as he took a moment.

I could feel Vikk's hand move from my chest, to reach around to JJ's head, scratching the top of it in a comforting matter.

"What matters..." He paused, taking a breath before speaking, taking a shuttering breath. "What matters is that you got here...before...before..." he couldn't finish his sentence before he began really crying again.