My Biggums

POV - Jerome

Warnings: Physical Pain

-Begin Chapter-

I groaned as another wave of pain rolled through me, my body feeling as if it was on fire. I squeezed Mitch's hand tightly as I worked through this pain, praying it would worth it as Rob said.

Just a few a more days, a few more days and I will be able to have my own kids. I will be able to create a new life without the need of a woman. All would need is Mitch and then Rob, then Lachlan, if everything worked as Daddy Rob said it would.

To be honest, though, I was the most excited about having Mitch's baby. I mean, before the whole idea of the Pack Relationship was even suggested, I would daydream about having a family with Mitch. Having our own kids, raising them together, loving them together, loving each other. I never said anything, though, I never let my dream escape my mind. Even when I was living with him, hiding my growing love for him, I kept my mouth shut. That didn't mean I didn't have hope.

I can remember a specific night, a night that changed my hope to reality, a memory I hold tight to my heart, even as another wave a pain rushed through my body, pulling more tears from my eyes and soothing words from Mitch.

It was a night where our power was knocked due to a storm, leaving us with nothing to do. We were home alone as well, Mitch's girlfriend, whom he was still with at the time, was gone as well, leaving me and my Biggums' alone.

We were sitting on the couch, talking about this and that, a candle on the table our only source of light. I was sitting up, my back pressed against the back of the couch while Mitch was laid down on the other, his head near my lap while his legs were thrown over the arm.

Even in the dim candlelight, I could see brown eyes, shining up at me, filling me with warmth.

I can't tell you what we were talking about to be honest, to me it really doesn't matter, it is what happened when I started yawning loudly that really matters.

"You tired Jerome?" he asked, arching his head back to look at me, baring his neck causing my eyes to drift down to look at it for a moment. It looked strong, the tan skin tight around the bones and muscle, skin that I wish I could leave my mark on. I couldn't deny about how jealous I got when I saw Jess' marks, littering that perfect skin, I hid it, though, teasing him instead to hide my jealousy. I didn't want to lose him by being jealous.

"Jerome?" called Mitch again, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and my eyes to snap back to his.

"Yeah, sorry. I must have drifted for a second, I guess I am tired." I replied, keeping my previous thoughts to myself.

Mitch smiled at me when that damn smile, that perfect one that haunted my dreams at night.

"You want to go to bed then?"

I shrugged. I did kind of want to go to bed but I also didn't want to leave Mitch and these few, distraction free moments of peace we had.

"Well I do." he said, moving to sit up before swinging his body around so he was now sitting up and looking at me, that smile still on his face. I didn't realize that my own face had a frown on it until I saw the worried look in his eyes and his smile fall.

"What's wrong Jerome?" he asked, moving closer to me, "Do you not want to go to bed because of the storm?"

I shrugged again. The storm didn't bother me, having to go to bed and separate from Mitch, that is what bothered me. Like I could tell him that though, besides, Mitch knows me well enough by now to know that storms like this didn't bother me.