He's Got to Go

POV - Simon

Warnings: Mentions of Physical Violence, Injury

Word Count: 1940

-Begin Chapter-

I laid there in JJ's arms, just listening as the other's talked around me, their voices tight as the tension was thick in the air. I let my mind wander as I waited to see what was going to come of the talk between Harry and his Dad.

I wonder if anyone else saw the way Harry's dad was acting. The way his body tensed with each second that Josh and Harry were in each other's arms. If they had seen his eyes get hard, his jaw tense, and his fists tighten at his sides. I did and it worried me. When the others turned around he looked normal, as if nothing was amiss.

I got a sick feeling in my stomach as I watched Harry and his Dad disappear into the kitchen, the door shutting tight behind them. I almost wanted to jump up and rip Harry away from his Dad and pull him to me in order to protect him. I didn't though. I held back. I had to.

Another thing I had noticed was Harry's brother, Josh, had dipped into the sitting room that adjoined the kitchen before anyone could notice, shutting the door behind him so no one would even think to look for him there if anyone noticed him missing. I thought about saying something but I held against it. It may be a smart idea to have someone there, listening, just in case something goes wrong. I really hope it doesn't though, with the way Harry's dad was acting, though, I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

The soft-talking around me was interrupted by a loud booming voice that belonged none other than to our sweet Boggy.

"I AM NOT CONFUSED!" Everyone stopped, listening intently to the first sound we had heard this whole time. We all stood their, our eyes trained on the door that led to the kitchen, watching intently, waiting.

I could hear Harry scream again, "DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT BECAUSE I AM NOT! YOU KNOW WHAT I AM, THOUGH, DAD!"

I held my breath as I waited to hear the rest of what Harry said, my body tense in JJ's arms. My old friend tightened his arms around me, squeezing me, trying to reassure me even though his own body was tense.

"I AM SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU! I am happy with the guys I am with! I am sorry you can't accept that, but fuck it! I am not confused! I am happy! Happier than I have ever been. I am sorry you can't see that, but fuck you Dad. Fuck you."

I felt a wide smile come to my face as the tension eased out of my body and JJ's body as well.

You tell 'em Boggy.

"You okay Simon?" asked JJ, causing me to crane my neck to look at him, taking in the worried expression of his eyes even though there was a soft smile on his face.

"Yeah I am, thanks, Muffin." I replied, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

Not really, but I can't worry about that right now. There were other people who need me right now. I have to be strong for them, even though I feel like falling apart.

I pulled back from JJ's face, doing my best to pull a believable smile while burying all the pain I felt.

JJ's eyes searched mine for a moment, looking for the pain I was hiding. I knew after all this time he has known me, he would be able to find it no problem. He didn't get the chance though because we were distracted by more screaming.

"Josh!"

"Oh my god." called Harry's mom, causing all of us to turn and look at here. I could see her eyes frantically searching around the room, looking for her youngest. "Where is Josh?"