19. Fears

My parents separated when I was sixteen. Ever since then, I was afraid to truly love someone.

All of that changed when I met the love of my life, Shawn Peter Raul Mendes.

Shawn is the most caring, understanding, and loving person that I have ever known. I could go on and on about him; he's such an amazing man and I love him with every fiber of my being. He's my best friend and lover, all wrapped into one person. He knows everything about me. All of my secrets, all of my stories, everything, and never has he ever judged me. I'm so thankful for him. He knows all about my parents separation and he knows how I felt following it all.

"Shawn?" I called out to him. I was in the kitchen and he was on the couch in the living room.

"Yes, my love?" I got butterflies when he called me that as he walked over to me.

"I'm scared." I admitted to him as I buried my face into his chest.

"Why?"

"Because I love you so much and I'm scared that what happened to my parents is going to happen to us." I said quickly.

"Okay honey," he said "first, breathe." I took a deep breath as I continued to listen to him. "And second, darling that was a whole other type of situation. They weren't happy for a long time. We are happy and I don't see that changing. Sometimes people just aren't meant to be together forever, but darling, you are the love of my life. I love you more than I could ever imagine I could love something. When I look at you, I see the most beautiful, drop dead gorgeous creature to have ever walked the planet- hell to ever be in the universe. I see a future. I see you walking down an aisle with our friends and family watching. I see little ones running around the house. Y/n, I see love when I look at you. So never think that we're going to end up like your parents." By the time that he finished I was in tears.

"Thank you Shawn. I think that that was the most beautiful thing that you've ever said to me. I love you more than life itself. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you too, gorgeous." He said as he kissed me, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach and sending sparks throughout my body. I loved this man.