181. Miscarriage

A/n: Okay so pretend that Shawn is still on his festival run in this. Most of this will be from Shawn's point of view. Also, this is before Rose and Skylar. This one is really sad. Okay, let's begin.

Almost three months ago my husband Shawn Mendes and I found out that we were expecting and we were very excited. We couldn't wait to find out the gender and set up the nursery. Shawn is away on his festival run right now and I miss him a lot. My stomach started to hurt really bad. I suddenly felt the need to throw up, so I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Then, I noticed that there was a lot of blood coming out of my private parts. Oh no. I called 911.

"Hello what's your emergency?" A male dispatcher asked me.

"I think I'm having a miscarriage and I'm bleeding and vomiting and my stomach hurts." I said.

"Okay what's your address ma'am?" The guy asked me. I told him. "Okay we're sending someone now, just stay with me, okay?" He asked.

"Okay." I said, and then everything went black.

Shawn's point of view

I had just gotten off stage when a panicked looking Geoff ran up to me.

"You have to go home, now." Geoff said.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly panicking.

"I'm not sure what's wrong exactly, but Y/n is in the hospital and she needs you." Geoff said. I got the first flight home. The whole plane ride through my brain was swirling with possibilities of what could have possibly happened that would have caused my wife to go to the hospital. I soon arrived at the hospital after I landed. I was about to go up to the desk and ask where my wife's room was when I saw my father-in-law, Y/d/n, come out of the cafeteria.

"Y/d/n! What happened? Where is she?" I asked.

"Shawn, I think Y/n should tell you. She's in room 312." Y/d/n said. I practically ran to the room after getting a visitor's sticker. I walked into the room that my wife was in to find her asleep. I sat down and gently grabbed her hand and rubbed it with my thumb. She looked so peaceful, and with whatever was going on, I didn't want to disturb her. I just hoped and prayed that the baby was okay. Wait, prayer. While she was sleeping, I'm not that much of a religious man, (A/n: I don't know how religious Shawn is but I just put that in there) but I wanted to go down to the chapel and say a prayer, so I did. Afterwards I headed back up to my wife's room and sat in the same position. My wife soon stirred, saw me, and started to cry.

"What's wrong baby girl? No one will tell me what happened." I asked and said.

"Shawn I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Y/n said. I felt even more confused. Why is she apologizing?

"Baby girl what's wrong? What happened?" I asked. She couldn't stop crying. I sat on the bed and wiped her tears away, but they just kept coming.

"The baby. It was a she." My wife said. What does she mean was? How does she know the gender of the baby?

"What do you mean 'was'? How do you know the gender of the baby?" I asked, suddenly getting a bad feeling.

"I lost her Shawn. It's all my fault. I don't know what I did wrong but I lost her." Y/n said. Oh my God. I can't cry right now. I have to stay strong for my wife. There will be a time to cry later. I hugged Y/n and held her as she sobbed. I felt numb. Like I had lost a part of me. I pulled away and held my wife's beautiful face. Even while crying she looked so beautiful.

"Baby girl listen to me. Are you listening to me?" I asked. She was crying so hard that she couldn't speak, so she just nodded. I continued. "Beautiful girl, this is not your fault. What did the doctor's say?" I asked. After a few moments she calmed down enough to speak.