51. "I'm going to take care of you, okay?"

I woke up early, per usual, on a Saturday morning feeling excited. Shawn didn't have to go into the studio this weekend so I had him all to myself. Him and I were planning on just staying in because it was so cold out and watching the television together and cuddling. I couldn't wait.

"Hey baby." I heard a raspy voice say. It was Shawn, the love of my life.

"Hey handsome." I said. I leaned over to give him a kiss but before I could he turned his head away and coughed. It sounded painful. "You okay?" I asked.

"I think so, yeah. But that did hurt a little. Come here." He said. Again, right before we kissed, he turned his head away to cough, leaving me to kiss his cheek. I usually wouldn't mind kissing his cheek but it felt so hot.

"Shawn let me feel your forehead. Your cheek feels warm." I said.

"Okay." He said before leaning in to let me put my hand up to his forehead.

"Oh my gosh Shawn you're burning up. Let me take your temperature." I said. I got the thermometer and handed it to him. 101 degrees even. "Baby you have a temperature, lay back down, I'm going to go get you some medicine that will help you okay?" I asked him.

"Alright." He said.

I headed downstairs, grabbed the medicine, and walked back up the stairs only to find an upset Shawn, tugging at his curls.

"Shawn what's going on?" I asked.

"I'm just frustrated with myself." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we were both really looking forward to today and now I ruined it by getting sick." He said.

"Honey, you did not ruin it. We can still do all of that stuff. You just have to keep resting." I said.

"No babe, I want you to go hang out with Grace or something. I'll be fine." Shawn said. I wasn't going to take this. I was going to stay with him and that was final.

"I'm going to take care of you, okay? So just accept that." I said with a giggle. I went to give his cheek a kiss but he quickly swerved his head out of the way.

"At least don't kiss me. As much as I want to kiss you and be kissed by you, I don't want you to get sick." Shawn said.

"Shawn, I swear to God, just let me kiss your cheek. I don't care if I get sick." I said.

"Fine." He said with a sigh as I giggled.

I kissed his cheek and we spent the whole day watching tv shows and movies while cuddling.