94. First Date

I went to a Justin Timberlake concert with my best friend Grace. We were dancing along to the music and singing along to it too when I looked to my left and saw a familiar looking boy. He looked like the singer Shawn Mendes. He looked very good, even better in person than he did in pictures. He's just a few months older than me and I've always been a big fan of his, going back to his MAGCON and Vine days. He caught me staring at him out of the corner of his eye.

    "Sorry but I couldn't help but notice you staring at me. Is there something on my face?" Shawn asked.

    "No, no, it's just that, well, I'm a big fan and you're very handsome." I said, suddenly feeling more confident than usual which surprised me. He laughed.

    "Well I have to say that you're very beautiful." Shawn said. I blushed and looked down. "I have a feeling that you're blushing." He said.

    "And what if I am?" I asked with a smirk.

    "Well then I guess you liked my compliment." He said.

    "I did. I'm Y/n by the way." I said, putting my hand out for him to shake. He gently grabbed it and I felt sparks shoot through me. His touch was electrifying.

    "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. What's your last name?" He asked. I blushed at his words before telling him my last name. He nodded with a smile. "I don't usually ask this, but, do you want to trade numbers?" He asked.

    "Sure." I said. We traded phones and put each others numbers in the others phone.

    "Maybe I can take you out on a date sometime?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

    "I would like that." I said. Shawn smiled.

......

    Tonight was my first date with Shawn. He was going to be picking me up at six o'clock. He had been so nice to me at the concert and we had really hit it off. Grace helped me pick out my outfit. We chose a small black dress with a denim jacket, gray scarf and boots. It was fall so the outfit would be perfect. Shawn wouldn't tell me where we were going, but he said that I didn't have to dress up. Grace left and the doorbell soon rang. I opened the door to find Shawn dressed in a white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I suddenly felt like what I was wearing was too much.

    "Is this too much for where we're going? Should I change?" I asked. Shawn put his hand out to stop me.

    "No, no, no. You look... perfect. Stunning, actually." Shawn said. I blushed at his words and looked down again, just like I had the first time that he made me blush. "Are you blushing again?" Shawn asked with a chuckle.

    "Yes." I said with a smile and a small giggle.

    "Well we better get going if we don't want to be late." Shawn said.

    "Where are we going?" I asked.

    "That's a surprise, and it wouldn't stay a surprise if I told you, now would it?" He asked with a smile.

    "No, it wouldn't." I said. Shawn opened the Jeep door for me and I got in. He ran around and got into the driver's side and we started to drive away.

    "Thank you for letting me take you out by the way." Shawn said.

    "Thank you for asking me out." I said. Shawn smiled.

    "I only ask out pretty girls, and only the ones that I think are really pretty. Like you." He said.

    "Don't make me blush again Shawn!" I said with a laugh. Shawn laughed too. We soon arrived at the movie theater and Shawn ran over to open up my door. "You're quite the gentleman Shawn." I said.

    "Thank you. I try." He said. He stuck his arm out for me to take and we walked into the movie theater like that. "What movie do you want to see?" He asked me.

    "Um, I've seen a lot of stuff about Love, Simon. I'm not sure what it's about but do you want to see that one?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

    "Sure." He said. We got one big bag of popcorn and Shawn let me drown it in butter. Shawn and I sat in the very back of the movie theater, and we chatted a little bit during the movie. As creepy as it sounds, I know stuff about him since I'm a fan of his, but he doesn't know stuff about me. I hoped that he would like me enough to ask me out on another date after this. Shawn pulled the yawn and stretch move on me and it made me giggle. "What?" He asked.

    "Nothing, just didn't know that people actually did the yawn and stretch move." I said, causing Shawn to blush. After the movie, Shawn and I strolled out, arm and arm.

    "Did you like the movie?" Shawn asked me.

    "Yeah, it was good." I said. We got in the car and he drove me home.

"So I was thinking, and um, if you'd like, I could take you out again soon." Shawn said.

"I would like that a lot." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." I said as we arrived at my house. "You can come in for a bit if you want." I said.

    "Really?" He asked.

    "Yeah of course." I said. We walked inside. "Make yourself at home. Do you want anything to drink?" I asked.

    "No I'm okay, thank you though." Shawn said. We sat on my couch and talked for two hours. We just talked about anything and everything. I found out new things about him, and I told him a lot about myself and my life. More than I usually would on a first date, but there was something different about Shawn. I felt a little more confident around him and I felt comfortable around him.

    "You know, I don't usually open up this much on a first date." I told him.

    "Can I ask why you're opening up to me then? I don't mind, but I'm just curious." He said.

    "No it's fine. I don't know, I just feel more comfortable around you than I have before. I trust that you won't tell anyone about the personal things that I've said." I said.

    "Of course not. I'm glad that I make you feel comfortable. And I trust that you won't tell anyone about the personal things that I've said either." Shawn said.

    "I won't." I said. We smiled at each other.

    "It's getting late and I should get back to my place." Shawn said while standing up. I stood up too.

    "Oh, okay." I said, feeling a little sad. We walked to the door.

    "I'm looking forward to our next date." Shawn said.

    "Yeah, me too." I said.

    "Can I do something?" He asked. I felt confused but I nodded.

    "Yeah." I said. He put his big, manly hands on both sides of my face. He leaned in and we both closed our eyes. He put his lips on mine and I felt energized. I could feel my blood pumping faster. I could feel sparks throughout my body. I could feel my heart racing, and I could feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. We pulled away.

    "That was the best kiss I've ever had." Shawn said with a smile on his face.

    "Same here." I said with a smile on my face too.

    "We should do that more often." Shawn said with a smirk.

    "Maybe on our next date we will." I said, still smiling.

    "Oh we definitely will." Shawn said with a chuckle. I giggled.

    "Goodnight Shawn. Drive safe." I said.

    "Goodnight. I will." He said.

    I shut the door but looked through the peephole and laughed as I saw Shawn skipping down my driveway to his car. It had been a great evening, and I couldn't wait to see Shawn more.