132. "Why Don't You Move In With Me?"

My parents separated when I was sixteen years old and I've been living with my mom in the house I grew up in, the only home I've ever known, ever since. My dad lives somewhere else. I'm twenty-one now. I sat on the couch in the basement of the house crying. I soon heard my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, come down the stairs.

"Baby girl? What's wrong?" He asked. I looked up at him with sad eyes. He looked so concerned.

"My dad wants to sell the house. He wants to sell the only home I have ever known. He can't do that to me Shawn, he just can't, I won't let him. This is my home." I said while crying. Shawn pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head as I cried. He rocked me back and forth.

"Shhh, shh. You're okay, I'm here, everything will be okay." Shawn said. I pulled away.

"But it doesn't feel like everything will be okay Shawn." I said. He held my face in his big hands.

"I can promise you, right here, right now, that everything will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Shawn said. I smiled at him, it was my first smile in quite a few hours. I nodded my head at my handsome boyfriend.

"Okay. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Now come kiss me." Shawn requested. I closed my eyes and leaned forward and our lips met. They moved in sync as I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I felt my heart race. I felt my blood pump faster, and I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. "Actually, you know what, I'll be right back baby girl." Shawn said and got up to go upstairs. He came back down just about a minute or two later and looked nervous.

"Are you okay Shawn?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"I'm just nervous." He said.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked, putting my hand to his cheek.

"Because I have a solution to your problem but I don't know what you're about to say." He said. I was confused.

"Go on." I requested.

"Why don't you move in with me? I know that it might be scary moving into another place but I know that we can make it work, and I'll be there for you for every step of the way, I promise." Shawn said. I smiled at him and attacked his face with kisses as he laughed.

"I would love to move in with you Shawn." I said with a smile on my face. He pulled me in for another kiss.

"Oh honey, you don't know how happy that makes me. I've wanted to ask you that for a long time but I've been nervous to." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Why did you go upstairs?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to ask your mom if it was okay if you moved in with me before I asked you." He said. Tears came into my eyes. He's so thoughtful and considerate. I pulled him in for a hug and ran my fingers through his hair. He hummed in contentment.

"I love you so much Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said.

Fast forward a month and I'm moving in with Shawn.

"Alright now where should I put this picture? Next to the bed?" I asked Shawn, holding up a picture of him and I at the beach.

"That would be a perfect place honey." Shawn said with a smile on his face. I put the picture down on my new nightstand on my side of the bed and walked over to Shawn. I wrapped my arms around Shawn's torso and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm so happy Shawn." I said.

"So am I baby girl, so am I. Come on, let's take a nap." Shawn said as he pulled me over to the bed.

"Our first nap together since I moved in, awww." I cooed. Shawn laughed as he wrapped his arms around me again and slung his leg over me. I was so happy to fall asleep with him in our house.