55. You meet his parents

Today is the day that I meet not only Shawn's parents but his sister, Aaliyah, too. Shawn and I have been together for two months now and I'm really falling for him, and I'm falling for him fast and hard. He's so amazing in so many ways. Karen raised a good man and I plan on telling her that when I meet her.

"You okay Y/n?" Shawn asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts as we drove from his condo to his parents house.

"Yeah, just thinking of how your mom raised a great guy and I'm feeling so anxious about meeting your family." I said.

"Hey, it's okay baby. They're going to love you." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling anxious and unsure.

"I am one hundred percent positive baby." Shawn reassured me.

"Okay." I said, feeling a little less anxious, but the anxiety was still there.

We soon pulled up to his parents house, his childhood home. It was a beautiful house on the outside and I had a feeling that it was also a beautiful house on the inside too.

"Shawn this is a beautiful home." I said.

"Honey, you haven't even seen the inside yet." Shawn said with a light chuckle before interlacing his fingers with mine and kissing my hand. The nerves that I felt must have been radiating off of me and he could tell. "You're okay Y/n. They'll love you." He said. I nodded my head in response.

"Mom? Dad? I'm here!" Shawn called out as we walked inside, together, our fingers still laced together, fitting together perfectly.

"In the kitchen sweetie!" Karen called out. We walked through their beautiful home and into their kitchen.

"You must be Y/n! It's so nice to meet you darling." Karen said.

"It's nice to meet you to Mrs. Mendes." I said.

"Oh please, call me Karen." Karen said with a smile on her face. "Now let's eat, shall we?" She asked. Manny was already at the table, along with Aaliyah.

"Hi Y/n, I'm Manny, you don't have to call me Mr. Mendes, just Manny. This is Aaliyah, Shawn's sister." Manny said.

"Hi it's nice to meet you guys." I said.

"Hey dork." Shawn said to his sister.

"Hi jerk. Hi Y/n, it's nice to meet you, Shawn talks about you all of the time." Aaliyah said. I could feel my cheeks heat up and I knew they were turning red.

"Aaliyah!" Shawn said, hitting her lightly, causing both Manny and Karen to yell at him even though it was lightly.

We all sat down for dinner and had a wonderful meal. I told Karen and Manny how wonderful a son she had, causing Shawn to blush as they thanked me. Soon, the night came to a close and it was time for Shawn to drive me home.

"It was so wonderful to meet you guys! Thank you for having me over." I said.

"It was so nice meeting you!" Karen said.

"Come over anytime." Manny said as Aaliyah waved. Shawn and I reached the car and interlaced fingers again as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Feel better baby?" Shawn asked me as we sped away.

"Much." I said.