138. Another Secret Relationship

My boyfriend Shawn Mendes and I have been dating for ten months and we are already very in love. Unfortunately, my relationship with Shawn is a secret from the public. I understand that Shawn wants to protect me from getting hate, but I know that I'm a big girl, I can handle it, and what I can't handle Shawn will be there for me for. I decided to talk to Shawn about the two of us going public when he comes over to my house. He soon pulled into the driveway and walked downstairs to where I was with a smile on his face.

"Hi baby girl, how has your day been?" Shawn asked me.

"It's been a hard day and I want to talk to you about something." I said.

"Well, why has it been a hard day?" Shawn asked. I told him all about my day as he listened intently. When I was done, he spoke again. "Honey, everything will be okay. Now what did you want to talk to me about?" Shawn asked me.

"I think that we should go public with our relationship." I blurted out.

"Y/n you know that I don't think that we should do it. You're going to get hate and I don't want my baby girl to get hate." Shawn said.

"But I can handle it and I know that you'll be there for me. Are you ashamed of me and that's why you don't want to go public?" I asked him.

"No, no, no honey, I'm not ashamed of you. I know you can handle it, I just don't want it to happen." Shawn said.

"We have to go public eventually." I pointed out. Shawn nodded his head while thinking.

"I just don't think that it's a good idea." Shawn said. Would I ever be able to convince him that we should go public? I started to cry. "No, no, no, don't cry honey. Please don't cry." Shawn said.

"Well what do you want me to do Shawn? My boyfriend wants to keep me a secret, wants to keep me hidden away while he cozies up with Hailey Baldwin." I said angrily.

"Babe, you know we're just friends." Shawn said.

"Then why are you getting so close to her?" I asked.

"Are you accusing me of cheating?" Shawn asked.

"No, I'm just pointing it out." I said. "Shawn I thought we loved each other." I said.

"We do." He said.

"Then why the hell are you keeping me hidden?" I asked.

"To protect you!" He yelled.

"I don't need you to protect me! I'm my own person, and if you can't understand that I love you and that I don't care about the hate, then maybe we need a break." I said. Shawn's eyes went wide with fear.

"No. I'm not letting myself lose you." Shawn said.

"Then let's go public!" I yelled. Shawn thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Fine. I'll make sure that the fans go easy on you and I'll watch out for you. I know you don't need me to protect you, but that's my job." Shawn said.

"Thank you. I know it's your job, I'm just trying to be more independent." I said as I hugged him.

"So, when do you want to do this?" Shawn asked.

"As soon as possible." I said. Shawn nodded his head.

"Okay. Help me pick a photo to post." Shawn said. We sat down on the couch and scrolled through the pictures of us that he has on his phone.

"What about the one of us on the beach?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head.

"That's one of my favorite photos of us. I'll post that one." Shawn said.

"Okay." I said. Shawn posted the picture on Instagram with a caption.

"Sorry I've been keeping her a secret for so long, but this is my girlfriend Y/n. Please don't send her any hate, she's a lovely girl. Love you baby girl." Shawn wrote. I teared up a little when I saw that people were being so supportive. There were some mean comments, but I knew that that was going to happen.

"How do you feel baby girl?" Shawn asked me.

"So much better. Thank you for this Shawn." I said. He smiled at me.

"You're welcome baby girl. Now come give me a kiss." Shawn requested. My lips met his and I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Shawn couldn't make me any happier and I'm so grateful for him and everything that he does for me.