87. Soon

I sat on the couch in the basement of my house watching Supernatural on my new television. I heard someone come in and got nervous. It couldn't have been Shawn, he always tells me when he's coming over. The basement door opened and, to my surprise, Shawn walked down the stairs.

"Oh dear God you scared me." I said with a laugh. Shawn chuckled.

"Well I wanted to surprise you." Shawn said and sat down on the couch next to me. I paused the tv show so I could give him a kiss. When our lips met, I felt sparks, I felt my heart racing, and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. We pulled away all too soon.

"I love our kisses." I said. Shawn hummed.

"I do too baby girl." He said.

"Call me baby girl again." I requested. He leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Baby girl." He whispered in my ear in a husky, sexy voice, sending shivers down my spine.

"God am I in love with you Shawn." I said.

"God am I in love with you too Y/n." Shawn said. I decided to play with his big, manly fingers. He took them and interlaced our fingers together. I smiled at him and he smiled at me in return.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" He responded.

"I can't wait to marry you." I said. We weren't engaged, but we had been together for four years and we had talked about marriage and kids.

"I can't wait to marry you either." Shawn said. I started to wonder: if he can't wait to marry me, why hasn't he popped the question? I mean, we've had the conversations, we know we're madly in love with each other, what's holding him back? "Are you okay baby? You just got really quiet." Shawn said.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said, giving him a fake smile. He frowned.

"No, you're not. What changed your mood?" He asked me. I suddenly felt anxious. I didn't want to tell him what I had just been thinking about.

"It's nothing Shawn, really." I said.

"No it's something babe. Just tell me. Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Of course I do Shawn." I said.

"Then tell me. Please." He said. He looked very concerned, and I knew I had to tell him. Dammit.

"When are we going to get married?" I asked.

"Someday baby, I promise." Shawn said.

"No, I mean, when are you going to propose?" I asked.

"Where's this coming from?" Shawn asked in return.

"I just want to know. We've had the conversations about things like marriage and kids, we know that we're madly, deeply, in love with each other. When is the question going to happen? I don't mean to pressure you but I just want to be married to you Shawn." I said rather quickly. He paused before speaking, taking in what I had said.

"Trust me honey, it will be soon. Okay?" Shawn asked. I still felt frustrated but I just nodded my head, going along with it. "You're still frustrated, aren't you?" Shawn asked. He can read me better than anyone.

"Yeah." I admitted.

"Honey, it's going to be soon. I promise." He said, holding both of my hands. I was starting to feel more and more reassured.

"Okay. As long as you keep your promise. Can I get an estimation of when it will be?" I teasingly asked.

"Well then it wouldn't be a surprise proposal, now would it?" Shawn asked me in return.

"That's true." I said with a laugh. Shawn laughed too.

"I really truly do love you Y/n. I'm madly, deeply, crazily in love with you." Shawn said.

"And I feel the same way Shawn. I'm so in love with you, I never knew I could feel this way about anything or anyone." I said. Shawn smiled at me before kissing me, and I got the same feelings as always: the butterflies, the heart racing, the sparks. Shawn has always given me those feelings, and I know he always will. I'm lucky to be in love with him and to have him love me just as much. I can't wait for the proposal, but I know it will be soon.