21. The One

Andrew and Geoff were hanging out with Shawn at mine and Shawn's house that we recently bought. I had brought them some beers and chips while they were watching a hockey game (Bruins vs. the Maple Leafs) and then retreated to our bedroom to give them "guy time". I could hear them talking but couldn't make out what they were saying. That was until there was a commercial and they muted the tv for it.

    "So Shawny, is Y/n the one?" I heard Andrew ask. I don't like to eavesdrop, but I had to hear his answer to this.

    "Dude, I just bought a house with her, what do you think?" Shawn replied.

    "Just because you bought a house with her doesn't mean that she's the one." Geoff added in.

    "Well of course she's the one," Shawn said, making my heart flutter as a smile spread across my face. "I love her. She's the one that I see the rest of my life with."

    I made my way down the stairs, they all turned to look at me, Shawn was smiling. I smiled back at him before saying "Hello boys. Who's winning?"

    Shawn groaned, signaling to me that his team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, were losing to my home team, the Boston Bruins. I cheered.

    "Shawn can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.

"But the game is back..." He whined.

"Just for a second, pleeeeaaaasssseeee." I dragged out. He followed me to our dining room, which would be more private since it's on the other side of our small house.

"I heard what you said. About me being the one." I told him. He gulped.

"You heard that?" I nodded. "What did you think?"

"I think that you're the one too. I see us spending the rest of our lives together." I replied as I kissed his jaw. I giggled as he smiled and picked me up.

"Yes!" He cheered. I loved making this boy happy and I could really see myself spending the rest of my life with him.