193. He Meets Your Whole Family

A/n: For this one I made up names for family members. Okay, let's begin!

Today my family is having a barbeque and they let me invite my boyfriend of five months, Shawn Mendes. I'm excited but nervous because I don't know what my family will be like. They can be loud and obnoxious at times. Well, certain family members can be like that. Others are fine, and not as loud and obnoxious.

"Are you ready?" I asked Shawn, who was wearing a white t-shirt and basketball shorts. I was wearing a blue shirt and white shorts.

"Yeah. Just nervous. I mean, I'm meeting your whole family." Shawn said. I walked over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and smiled in contentment.

"It's just my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. There's ten of us, not including my dad and my brother and us." I said.

"That's still a lot of people baby." Shawn said, rubbing my side. I nodded.

"You'll be fine. Just be warned, my Uncle Al has a tight grip when he shakes people's hands. He's my main man. Besides you of course." I said. Shawn nodded and sighed. We soon got into the car and drove to my grandparents house. We went inside and spotted my grandparents.

"Hi Grandma, hi Grandpa." I said. They gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi sweetie, is this Shawn?" My grandmother asked. I nodded.

"Hi Shawn, I'm Toby. Nice to meet you." She said. Shawn nodded.

"Nice to meet you too." Shawn said.

"I'm Paul. Nice to meet you." My grandfather said.

"Nice to meet you too." Shawn said. I brought him into the back porch and introduced him to my Uncle Stevie. We went into the living room and found the rest of my family members. He met my Aunt Ellen, my Aunt Bev, my Uncle Larry, Aunt Chelsea, my cousins Sam and my cousin Aaron. We then turned to my main man.

"Hello darling." My Uncle Al said to me, giving me a hug. I'm very close to him, so it's very important to me that he likes Shawn.

"Hi Uncle Al. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" He asked.

"Good. This is my boyfriend Shawn." I said, gesturing to Shawn. Shawn stuck his hand out for my uncle to shake, and they shook hands.

"Hello Shawn. Why don't you two sit down with me?" Uncle Al asked. Oh God. We nodded and sat down. "So, let's get right to it, shall we? Are you trying to get in my nieces pants?" Uncle Al asked. He's always been straightforward. I smacked my hand to my forehead and groaned.

"Uncle Al." I said.

"No it's okay," Shawn said. "I'm not. I love your niece and she's very special to me."

"Okay. So what are your intentions with her if you're not trying to get in her pants?" Uncle Al asked.

"Well, my intentions are to love her, protect her, and care for her. I hope that I can make her happy." Shawn said.

"You do, you make me very happy." I said with a smile. Shawn returned the smile. My uncle seemed to like this.

"Well it's good that you make her happy. I like you. However, you hurt her, and I know people. Got it?" Uncle Al asked. Shawn nodded and gulped.

"Got it. I won't hurt her, I promise." Shawn said. My uncle nodded.

"Good." My Uncle Al said. The barbeque went great and Shawn seemed to really enjoy himself. Soon, it was time to leave. We got in the car and drove away.

"So, how did you like my family? They loved you." I asked and said.

"I loved them. They're great. Your Uncle Al is quite the character. He's great." Shawn said.

"Good because when he took me aside, he told me that you're a keeper, which you are." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled at me. We soon arrived to my place and went inside.

"You know baby, we didn't get to kiss since we were in front of your family, but now we can." Shawn said with a smirk. I leaned forward and put my lips on his. I felt fireworks shootout throughout my body, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. We pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That was amazing baby." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Your kisses are always amazing." Shawn said.

"Are you spending the night?" I asked.

"If you want me to." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Of course I do." I said. Shawn smiled at me. After watching a couple of movies, Shawn and I went to bed. "Babe?" I asked.

"Yes my beautiful girl?" Shawn asked, causing me to blush.

"I love you and I'm really proud of you." I said.

"I love you too. What are you proud of me for?" Shawn asked.

"Meeting my family wasn't an easy task, but you did it." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, let's fall asleep." Shawn said as he pulled me closer to him. We fell asleep like that. I'm a very lucky girl to have my family love him so much.