73. Ellen and Fight With Andrew

WARNING: Mild swearing

 Shawn and I recently got engaged. Shawn had an appearance on Ellen and they were talking about it.

"So, Shawn, you recently got engaged. How did you propose?" Ellen DeGeneres asked.

"Well," Shawn started, playing with his ring. "We were laying in bed, and I basically just got out of bed and grabbed the box and got down on one knee." Shawn said with a small laugh. Just the sound of his laugh made my heart flutter. Shawn went on to talk about me for a little bit and they showed pictures of us.

"Y/n is a beautiful girl." Ellen said.

"She really is, I don't know what I did to deserve her." Shawn said. I was sitting in the audience with Andrew, Shawn's manager, when he suddenly leaned over to whisper to me.

"You're taking up too much time in the interview. He should be promoting his album." Andrew said.

"If Ellen had wanted him to stop talking about me, she would have switched the subject to his album." I said.

"Well, I'm his manager and I'm saying that he's talking about you too much." Andrew said. Andrew has never really liked me and, for some reason, was surprised when Shawn told him that we got engaged.

"Well, to me, Shawn's opinions are all that counts." I said, and I meant it.

"You can be pretty dumb sometimes, you know that?" Andrew said. Tears pricked my eyes and threatened to spill over. However, I kept a smile on my face for Shawn, and kept my mouth shut for Andrew. Shawn's smile faltered when he saw me almost in tears but he regained his smile almost immediately, or at least in enough time for it not to look weird.

......

After the interview, Shawn, Andrew and I were in Shawn's dressing room.

"Hey Andrew, do you think you could give Y/n and I a minute?" Shawn asked his manager.

"Yeah, of course." Andrew said before walking out. As soon as the door was shut, Shawn turned to look at me.

"Alright, I know something's up, so what's going on? You looked like you were going to cry during the interview." Shawn asked. His eyes searched mine, looking, hoping for answers.

"Nothing, I was fine, I am fine." I lied. I didn't want him to get upset with Andrew. I knew he would believe me and trust me so I knew he wouldn't get upset with me. Even though he said something mean to me, I was trying to protect Andrew, but I'm not sure why.

"Baby, something happened. You were fine one minute and then you looked like you were going to cry. Did Andrew say something to you?" He asked. Damn, is he good.

"Well, Andrew kind of said to me 'You can be pretty dumb sometimes, you know that?' and that's why I looked like I was going to cry." I said.

"HE SAID WHAT? WHY WOULD HE SAY THAT?" Shawn yelled, scaring me a little. "Sorry baby, didn't mean to scare you."

I soon explained to Shawn everything that was said. He called Andrew in. Oh God.

"Andrew, care to explain to me why you basically called my fiancé dumb?" Shawn asked.

"What are you talking about? I would never say that." Andrew lied.

"DON'T LIE TO ME! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!" Shawn screamed in Andrew's face, his index finger jabbing into Andrew's chest.

"Well she said some stupid shit, what do you expect?" Andrew said. Shawn looked at me, tears brimmed my eyes again.

"Do you see that? See those tears? Those are because of you, no one else. If you don't want to get fired, I advise you to shut your damn mouth and never speak like that to her again. You're going to treat her with some respect, got that?" Shawn asked. Andrew was shocked and had no words, so he just nodded. "Now get out of my dressing room!" Shawn said. I was in some shock because I had never seen Shawn like that, but I knew that he was doing it to protect me from getting hurt even more.

"Thank you Shawn." I said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"No problem baby. I'm so sorry that that even happened. I should've prevented it." Shawn said. I held his face with both of my hands.

"Shawn, look at me, are you listening to me?" I asked him.

"Yes baby girl." He said, his caramel eyes looking into my eyes.

"You could not have prevented this. There is no way that you could possibly have prevented this. Do you understand me Shawn?" I asked. He nodded.

"I wish I could've. I'm so sorry baby." He said, resting his forehead against mine as I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck, his arms still around my waist.

"Stop apologizing honey, it's okay. I'm a big girl, I can handle it." I said with a smile. He smiled at me.

"Let's go back to the hotel. I just want to hold you and watch movies with you." Shawn said.

"That sounds perfect." I said with a smile still on my face.

For the whole duration of the ride to the hotel, which Andrew was in the car for, Shawn went on and on about how smart I am, even though I don't really think I'm that smart.

"Did you know that she got honor roll, which is when you get all A's and B's, all throughout her senior year? Isn't that great? She's so smart." Shawn said, looking at me with nothing but love and adoration. I didn't even notice Andrew's response, I was too busy smiling at Shawn, showing him nothing but love and adoration in return. God am I in love with my fiancé.