99. Hard day and surprise

I was having a really hard day today. It was the first day back to school after spring break causing me to be very nervous and anxious. I was wearing my Uggs without socks so my Ugg boots were digging into my heels, causing me a lot of physical pain and discomfort, I was hungry, I was tired, I had an essay due in two days, and to top it all off, I had my period, causing me to be annoyed by anything and everything and it made me emotional.

I got into the car after a long, hard day at school and bursted into tears. It was like I couldn't stop crying. My phone rang, it was my boyfriend Shawn who was a whole plane ride away from me because he's working on his album. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down a little before answering.

"Hey babe." I said, already cursing myself because I knew that I sounded upset.

"Honey? What's wrong?" Shawn asked. Once again, I burst into tears. "Baby?" Shawn asked.

"I've just had a really hard day and I'm struggling." I said while crying in my car.

"What happened?" Shawn asked.

"Well first of all, I just finished the first day back to school so that was hard. I'm not wearing socks so my Ugg boots are digging into my heels which is causing me a lot of pain and discomfort, I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm sad, I have an essay due in just a couple of days, and to top it all off, I'm on my period so everything and anything is and can piss me off and I'm super emotional." I said, all while crying.

"Okay baby, take a few deep breaths, can you do that for me?" Shawn asked. I nodded before realizing that he couldn't see me.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay, take three deep breaths and see if that helps you a little bit." Shawn said. I closed my eyes, pictured Shawn, and took three deep breaths. Picturing Shawn especially helped me. I calmed down a little, but not a lot.

"Okay that helped a little. I pictured you so that helped me." I admitted. Shawn chuckled.

"Well I'm glad that my face can help you and I'm glad that that helped you a little. Why don't you go home, eat, and then nap, okay? That sound good?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah. Thank you so much Shawn, I really appreciate it. Sorry to dump all of my problems out on you." I said.

"Hey, baby girl, you didn't dump your problems onto me. I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to talk to me and I'm glad that I could help. I'll always be here for you. I love you." Shawn said, causing me to tear up. Stupid period emotions.

"You and these period emotions are going to make me cry. I love you too." I said. Shawn chuckled again.

"Alright baby girl, I'll talk to you later. Bye." He said.

"Bye babe." I said. I hung up and felt sad. I missed him so much. He's the love of my life. I honestly have no clue what I would do without him. I drove home and went inside. Shawn and I moved in together not too long ago, and that made me really happy. We decorated our place together and hung up our favorite pictures of us together. I walked into the house and was surprised by Shawn sitting on our couch.

"Hey honey, welcome home." Shawn said with a smirk on his face.

"SHAWN!" I yelled. I ran over to him and jumped into his arms. He caught me and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He laughed. I pulled away from him so I could look at him and put my feet back on the ground. I kept my hands on his biceps and his hands were on my waist. "What are you doing home?" I asked.

"Why? Do you want me to leave?" Shawn asked teasingly.

"NO! I just wasn't expecting to see you here." I said.

"Well I thought that I would surprise you and if you weren't expecting it, I did a good job of surprising you." Shawn said.

"Come kiss me." I said with a smile.

"With pleasure baby girl." Shawn said before putting his lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach, I felt sparks shoot out throughout my body, and I felt my heart race. Shawn makes my knees weak and I love all of the feelings that he gives me.

"I'm so happy that you're home. Can we go upstairs and take a nap please?" I asked.

"You're going to eat first, and then nap. I made you sandwiches after we hung up." Shawn said.

"Aw, thank you honey. I don't know what I did to deserve you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"You're welcome honey. I'm so lucky to have you as my girl." Shawn said. Him calling me his girl caused me to blush. Shawn laughed when he saw that I was blushing. After I ate, Shawn and I went upstairs to take a nap together.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n. I'll do anything for you." Shawn said. First he calms me down, then he surprises me, makes me food and naps with me? I am one lucky girl.