103. In My Blood

A/N: In honor of Shawn dropping In My Blood this morning, I decided to write an imagine about it.

 I walked into the house that I share with my boyfriend Shawn. Shawn has been off lately and I'm not sure of why. The house was very quiet when I walked in, almost too quiet. I didn't like it.

"Shawn?" I called out. No answer. I saw his car in the driveway so I knew he was home. "Shawn?" I called out again as I walked around the house. I couldn't find him so I went upstairs. I heard soft crying coming from the bathroom and walked in to find Shawn laying on the bathroom floor sobbing. I rushed over to his side. "Shawn? What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"I'm struggling Y/n. I don't know what to do. I feel like giving up." Shawn said. My heart broke.

"No, you're not going to give up, you can't give up on me." I said, starting to cry.

"I need something to ease my mind. Help me. It's like the walls are caving in." Shawn said.

"I'll do anything, I'll move mountains for you. What can I do for you?" I asked.

"I don't know, I feel so anxious, it's like I can't breathe or something." Shawn said, sitting up to wipe my tears away. I can't lose him. Not now, not ever.

"Would a kiss help your anxiety? I know that your kisses help me." I offered.

"Can we try?" Shawn asked.

"Of course honey." I said. We both leaned in and put our lips on each others. I felt sparks shoot throughout my body. I felt my heart race. I felt my blood pump faster, and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. We pulled away.

"That helped a bit. Can I play a song for you?" Shawn asked.

"Of course." I said. We walked into his office where he played his song 'In My Blood' for me. Tears ran down my face as I realized how much pain he's been in. "I love it Shawn. It's so beautiful. Why haven't you told me how you've been feeling and that you've been feeling like this?" I asked him.

"I didn't want to worry you." Shawn said while looking at the floor. I squatted down, forcing him to look me in the eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Of course." Shawn said while nodding.

"Then trust me when I say that I will always be here for you. I'll never leave you and I want to know when you're feeling down. Please don't give up on me. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Thank you honey. I'm not going to give up. It's not in my blood." Shawn said.

"Shawn I don't know if this is dramatic or not but I'd take a bullet for you." I said.

"It's not dramatic, I would take a bullet for you too. You're one of the reasons why I'm still here." Shawn said.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked. Shawn nodded. "Good." I said. Shawn smiled and kissed me. I'm so glad that I could make my special man feel better.