78. You have the baby

I was washing dishes in the kitchen when I felt something run down my leg.
"Shawn?" I called out.
"Yes baby?" Shawn asked while walking over to me.
"I think my water just broke." I said.
"Okay, um, the hospital bag is in the car, let's go to the hospital and have this baby! I'll call our families while we're in the car." Shawn said. We soon rushed to the emergency room.
I pushed and pushed and pushed.
"Shawn is she ever going to come out?" I asked, joking only slightly. I had sweat all over and no makeup. I probably looked terrible but I knew that Shawn wouldn't care.
"She will baby, I promise. Just keep holding my hand and pushing. Squeeze my hand if you need to." Shawn said. After twelve painful hours, Shawn and I finally heard a cry.
"It's a girl!" Dr. Ackles said. Shawn and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes. "Would dad like to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor asked. Shawn nodded his head and cut the cord before coming back up to me.
"Y/n she's beautiful, just like her Mumma." Shawn said, tears still in his eyes. I smiled at him and wiped the tears away. Our baby was soon cleaned off and placed on my chest.
"Oh my God Shawn, look at her. She's gorgeous." I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.
"She really is." Shawn said. After a few minutes alone with her, a nurse came back in.
"Do we have a name for baby Mendes?" She asked. Shawn and I looked at each other.
"Rose Lucille Mendes." Shawn said with a smile.
"A beautiful name for a beautiful baby." The nurse said as she wrote down the name.
"Thank you." Shawn and I said in unison.
"Would you like us to send the grandparents in?" The nurse asked.
"Can I get them myself?" Shawn asked. The nurse nodded and walked out. I could hear Shawn.
"Guys," he said "I'm a dad."
"Congratulations!" I heard our families cheer.
"Would you like to see her?" Shawn asked. Karen, Manny, and my parents came in as I held Rose.
"Shawn and I would like you to meet Rose Lucille Mendes." I said, turning Rose so her grandparents could see her better. They all cried and took turns holding her. I soon felt tired and wanted to rest. I tapped on Shawn's shoulder and waved for him to lean down so I could whisper.
"I'm tired." I said.
"I'll ask them to leave so you can get some rest honey. You did so wonderfully. I'm so proud of you." Shawn said.
"Y/n is feeling pretty tired, do you guys mind coming back tomorrow?" Shawn asked our families.
"Sure! Rest well sweetheart." My mom said. They gave Rose back to Shawn and left. I gave Rose a kiss on the forehead and then closed my eyes.
"I love you Shawn, I love you Rose." I said.
"We love you too." Shawn said before I drifted off into sleep. I have never felt love like this and I couldn't be happier.