160. Car Accident

Today, after being away from me for a while, my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, is coming home to me. I'm so excited and happy and I can't wait to see him. I'm going to pick him up at the airport and drive him home. I got to the airport early. I drove the jeep to the airport because it has more room for Shawn's stuff. Some fans were already there, and I knew that Shawn would want to take photos with them. Jake, Shawn's bodyguard, would be with Shawn but once Shawn got in the car, Jake and us would go our separate ways.

Shawn's plane soon landed and I felt excitement bubble in my stomach. I watched as the people came off the plane and when Shawn came out I could tell that he was looking for me. Once he saw me, he dropped his carry-ons and immediately opened his arms. I ran into his arms and he caught me. My legs wrapped around his waist and his arms went underneath my bum. I put my lips on his and felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I love Shawn and all of the feelings that he gives me. Shawn put me down when we pulled away from each other.

"Hey there my beautiful baby girl." Shawn said.

"Hey there my handsome man." I said to Shawn as we smiled. He laced our fingers together and rubbed my cheek with the other hand.

"Come on, let's go get my luggage." He said, turning his body in the direction of where the luggage goes. We grabbed his luggage and, after taking pictures with his fans, Shawn and I put it all in the car.

"Ready to go home?" I asked after we put the last of Shawn's luggage in the jeep. Shawn nodded.

"Definitely. Bye Jake." He said. We waved to Jake and Jake gave us a nod. We got in the car and started to drive away. Shawn wanted to drive but I wanted him to get some rest so I told him that I would drive. "Can we at least talk? I missed your voice." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"Okay baby boy. What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"How beautiful you are. I know how insecure you get, especially while I'm away." Shawn said.

"Stop it Shawn, I'm not beautiful." I said. Don't get me wrong, I liked the compliment, but I just get so insecure. We were on the highway by this point.

"But you are baby. Your eyes are so beautiful. I get lost in them whenever I look in them. Have I ever mentioned how beautiful your lips are? They're so gorgeous, so pink and plump and perfect. Even your hair is gorgeous. And I know that you get insecure about your weight but honey you're perfect to me. Also - AH!" Shawn and I screamed at the same time as a huge car hit us, sending our car to do a couple of flips. We rolled twice and then everything went black.

Shawn's point of view

I groaned from the pain.

"Baby? Y/n? Are you okay?" I called out. I couldn't see her. Stuff was in the way but I could see her arm and it looked limp. Oh no. Is she dead? "BABY?!" I yelled out. I groaned from the pain again.

"We're going to get you out of here, okay?" I heard someone, a cop, soon call out. A groan was all I could manage. Soon the medics arrived. They came to me first.

"Is there anyone else in the car?" They asked.

"My girlfriend. Get her first, she's not responding to me. Please." I begged. I heard someone move and then heard another door open.

"Miss can you hear me?" They asked. No answer. I was so worried about her. What if she doesn't make it? What if she's already gone? No. This can't be happening. "She's going to need to go to the hospital by helicopter." They said. Oh no. That bad?

"Get her and then me. Help her." I begged again.

"We need to get him out of here too." I heard someone say. I was soon, somehow, taken out of the car.

"Where's my girlfriend?" I asked. I couldn't see her. "Where is she? I need to see her." I pleaded.

"Sir you need to calm down, everything will be okay." A female said. I turned to the medic and groaned in pain.

"I need to see my girlfriend. Is she going to be okay?" I asked. The medic looked at me and pursed her lips before speaking.

"We don't know at the point. She's in critical condition." She said. I nodded, and everything went black from the pain.

The next thing that I remember, I was in a hospital bed. I groaned.

"Shhh, you're okay." I heard my mom say.

"Where's Y/n?" I immediately asked.

"She's in another room. Let me call the doctor in since you're awake." My mom said. She grabbed the doctor and the doctor came in.

"Hello Mr. Mendes. You have two broken ribs and a concussion, but you'll be fine. Just take a break from singing for a little bit." He said. That broke my heart. No singing?

"Where's my girlfriend? Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's going to be okay," My mom said before turning to the doctor. "Can he go see her?" She asked.

"Only if he's in a wheelchair." He said. They soon got me a wheelchair and brought me to my girlfriend. Her parents were in there with her. I started to cry, which hurt, but I didn't care at this point.

"Shawn she's going to be okay." Y/n's mom said. I nodded.

"Can I sit next to her please?" I asked. Her parents nodded and I was wheeled to be beside my girlfriend. I gently grabbed her hand and rubbed it. I kissed the back of it. I sat there like that for half an hour before she woke up.

"Shawn?" She asked. I nodded.

"Hi baby girl. How are you feeling?" I asked, trying to hold back tears.

"I'm hurting, but it's just a little bit. How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Good. I'm so sorry honey." I said, the tears making an appearance.

"Why are you sorry?" My precious baby girl asked me.

"I feel bad because if I had asked someone else to pick me up from the airport this wouldn't have happened." I said.

"You don't know that Shawn. Plus, I wouldn't have let anyone else pick you up. I wanted to see you." She said. I nodded. "They said that I have a concussion and broken ribs and a broken leg. But I'll be okay." She said. The tears made another appearance.

"I wish that I could take all of your pain away." I said. She nodded.

"I know, but you can't and there's nothing that we can do about it." She said. I smiled.

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"I ask myself how I got so lucky all of the time. You're so amazing, Shawn." She said.

"Thank you baby. I got so scared when I was calling out your name and you weren't responding." I said.

"Baby let's not think about that and make ourselves sad, okay?" She asked. I nodded.

A few days later we were able to go home. Trying to get around was a bit frustrating for the both of us, but mainly for her because of her broken leg, so her mom had us stay with her for a little bit, which helped a lot, and we were back to our old, healed, selves in no time.

A/N: Sorry this is so shitty.