148. House Hunting

My boyfriend of three years Shawn Mendes and I recently decided to move in together, but before we did that, we needed to find a place to live. Sure Shawn had his own place but it was more of a bachelor pad. Not really a place for a couple to live at. Today, Shawn and I would be going house hunting. I was a little nervous about all of this because I had never bought a house before, but I remembered that I would have Shawn right beside me the whole time, and that made me feel better. Shawn soon pulled up to my mom's house, which is where I'm living for now, to pick me up.

"Hey baby girl." Shawn said with a smile as I got into his jeep. I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the lips. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. We pulled away and Shawn kissed my forehead, knowing how much I love it when he does that.

"Hey baby boy. Ready to look for our own home?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head.

"Yup. Are you?" Shawn asked. I sighed.

"I am but I'm nervous." I said.

"Why are you nervous?" Shawn asked me, a look of concern suddenly etched across his face.

"Well, I'm nervous because I've never bought a house before, so I don't have any experience in this." I said.

"Well honey, I've bought a place before, so I know how to handle it. I'll be right beside you the whole time, so whenever you get extra nervous, just squeeze my hand, okay?" Shawn asked.

"Okay. Thank you Shawn, I love you." I said. Shawn smiled and pecked my lips.

"I love you too my beautiful girl." Shawn said, causing me to blush, which caused Shawn to laugh when he noticed. We pulled away from my mom's house and drove off to the first house so we could meet with our realtor, Sophia. When we pulled up to the gated house, I immediately knew that it wasn't the house for us. It was way too big. We need a house for two people and maybe a few guests, not a whole mansion for twelve people.

"Woah." Shawn said.

"Wowza." I said. Shawn gave me a funny look as if I had just said the weirdest thing ever. "That's a big house." I said.

"Yeah it is. I don't think it's right for us. What do you think?" Shawn asked.

"I agree. Way too big for us. We don't need that much, right?" I asked Shawn.

"We need a kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom or bathrooms, a bedroom, and a couple guest rooms, not a whole mansion." Shawn said. I nodded my head. Shawn and I waited in the car for Sophia. As soon as she arrived, we jumped out of the car.

"Oh you guys beat me here! What do you think of it just from the outside?" Sophia asked.

"I think that it's a little big. All we need is a kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom or bathrooms, a bedroom, and a couple guest rooms." Shawn said. I was glad that he was taking charge of the situation.

"Okay. Well, most of the houses I was going to show you today were like this one, so why don't I go back and look for houses that would fit you better, and then we'll meet up tomorrow. That sound good?" Sophia asked. Shawn and I nodded.

"That sounds great. Thanks so much." I said. Shawn and I hopped back in the car and left. "Well that went terribly." I said to Shawn.

"Hey, listen to me, we're going to find the right house, okay?" Shawn asked.

"You promise me that we will?" I asked.

"I promise." Shawn said with a smile. We returned to my mom's house and told her what happened.

"Don't worry, you'll find the right place." My mom said. Shawn and I nodded. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. When I woke up, Shawn was still there.

"Good afternoon sleeping beauty." Shawn said with a smirk. I smiled.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Four o'clock. You were out for two hours." Shawn said. I nodded. The next day, we must have looked at five houses, Shawn and I not liking any of them. The day after that, we looked at two more houses before looking at a third. As soon as I saw it, I was interested.

"Shawn look at this one. It looks cool." I said. Shawn nodded, obviously liking it too.

It was a yellow house with blue shutters on the windows. There was a two car garage, perfect for Shawn and I. Sophia showed up and gave us a tour of the inside. There were two living rooms and two dining rooms, which I could live with. There was a beautiful kitchen. There was a bathroom on the first floor too, near the garage, and a back deck with a nice backyard. Upstairs was a bathroom, the master bedroom with walk in closets and an en suite. There were three guest bedrooms upstairs too and there was a basement. It was all so nice and I knew that this house was the one. I could see Shawn and I making so many memories in this house. Sophia left Shawn and I to talk on the back deck.

"So what do you think?" I asked Shawn, hoping that he was feeling the same way that I was feeling.

"I think that this is the perfect house for us. I could see us making so many memories here, especially with our future kids." Shawn said. Him and I have talked about marriage and kids before. I smiled at him.

"Shawn did we just find our new house?" I asked. Shawn smiled at me and nodded.

"I think that we did." Shawn said. He hugged me and kissed my lips. I felt the sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing, all over again. Shawn and I went inside to tell Sophia.

"So what do you think?" Sophia asked.

"We'll take it." Shawn said. Sophia smiled at us.

"Great! I just need you to sign some papers and then I'll give you the keys and then it's yours!" Sophia said. Shawn and I smiled. Soon, the house was ours, and Shawn and I couldn't be happier.