135. Tattoo

My uncle died when I was young but I was very close to him. I have been thinking of getting a tattoo in memory of him for a long time, and since my boyfriend Shawn Mendes has five tattoos, I was thinking of asking him about me getting one, and getting his opinion on me getting one. He would be coming home soon, so when he gets home, I'll ask him. He soon pulled into the driveway and walked in the door. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey baby girl. How was your day?" He asked.

"Really hard actually, so I'm glad that you're home." I said. He gave me a kiss and sat down next to me on the couch. I moved myself so my legs were in his lap and he put his left hand on them and rubbed his thumb against them.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry that you had a rough day. Are you okay now?" Shawn asked.

"Well, I was feeling sad, and then you walked in, so I'm much better now." I said with a giggle. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Well that's good. I'm glad that I could help you honey. Do you want to talk about your day?" Shawn asked. I nodded and cried as I told him about my day. At the end of it I remembered that I wanted to get his opinion on me getting a tattoo.

"Hey babe?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" He responded.

"What do you think of me getting a tattoo?" I asked. He thought for a moment before answering.

"I think that it should have some type of significance behind it. Like, don't get a random tattoo just for shits and giggles. Get a tattoo because you want to remember whatever it is forever, because those things don't come off unless you have surgery or whatever it is." Shawn said. I nodded my head.

"Okay. I'm thinking of getting a little dragonfly on my wrist in memory of Uncle Scottie because he wrote that poem about dragonflies. What do you think?" I asked.

"I think that that's a great idea. It has a strong significance and it would look beautiful on you honey. Do you want just a small one?" He asked.

"Yeah, something small on my right wrist because he was my right hand man." I said with a smile.

"That sounds perfect. Do you want Livia Tsang to do it?" Shawn asked.

"Whoever you think would be best to do it." I said.

"Definitely Livia then." He said while nodding his head. I clapped my hands together.

"Oh Shawn I'm so excited!" I said with a nice, big smile on my face.

"Well I'm excited for you my love. And, if you would like, I could come with you. I don't have to if you don't want me to though." He said.

"No I want you to come with me." I said.

"Okay, good. I'll text Livia and see when she can do it." Shawn said.

"Okay, thank you honey." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Anything for you babe." Shawn said.

Soon, I was off to the tattoo parlor with Shawn to get my first ever tattoo. I felt so excited, but I also felt so nervous.

"Shawn I'm really nervous." I said as we drove there, Shawn's hand on my thigh, per usual.

"You'll be okay honey, I promise. I'll be right there, you can squeeze my hand if you would like, and if you want her to stop at any point, just let her know. I know that it's going to be a small tattoo, but you can take breaks if you would like. Okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. We arrived at the tattoo parlor and walked in hand in hand.

"Hey Shawn, hi Y/n, it's so nice to meet you. Shawn's always talking about you." Livia said when we walked in. Shawn blushed.

"It's nice to meet you too. I love your work." I said. She smiled at me.

"Thank you! It's always a pleasure to work with Shawn." Livia said. We soon got started. I took one break because the pain was strong, but, just like he promised, Shawn held my hand the whole entire time. My left hand of course. "Alright, all done." Livia said. I looked down and tears came to my eyes. It was just a small black dragonfly, but it held so much significance. Shawn must have seen me tear up because he said something.

"Oh honey, why are you tearing up?" Shawn asked.

"Because it's so beautiful and it has so much significance behind it. Thank you Livia, I love it." I said. We went to the counter to pay, and as I was getting the money out to pay Livia, Shawn put the money on the counter. "Really?" I asked Shawn. He chuckled.

"Really. I have to treat my girl when she gets her first tattoo." Shawn said. I wrapped my hands around his arm and leaned on him. We walked out to the car and got in.

"Thank you so much for coming Shawn. I really appreciate it. And thank you for holding my hand the whole time." I said.

"You're welcome baby girl. Anything for you. I think the tattoo came out beautifully." Shawn said. I nodded my head.

"I agree. It's amazing and I think that my uncle would love it too." I said as I teared up again. Shawn pulled over to the side of the road, unbuckled, got out of the car, and came around to my side of the car. He opened the door.

"Baby girl your uncle really would love it. Don't cry honey. Are you sad?" Shawn asked, looking concerned. I shook my head no.

"No, I mean, I do miss him of course, but I just love it so much and it's so beautiful and I really do think that he would love it and love the fact that I got a tattoo in his honor, so I'm happy." I said. Shawn nodded his head and rubbed my cheek.

"I know I never met him, but I kind of miss him too. I wish that I could have met him. He sounds like a really great guy." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"Thank you honey, he really was. I wish you could have met him too. Come on, let's go home." I said. Shawn turned around, shut my door, walked around to his side of the jeep, and got back in the car so we could drive off. We soon arrived home and I couldn't stop staring at my tattoo.

"You really like it, huh?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"Yeah, I do. Can we take a nap? I'm tired." I asked. Shawn nodded his head and gently guided me up the stairs.

We got into our bed and Shawn held me close to him. I kissed his jaw, causing him to smile at me. He kissed my forehead, causing me to smile as I closed my eyes in contentment. I could not be more grateful for Shawn and for him helping me to get this tattoo.