68. Distraction

Shawn recently got back from Jamaica and his first stop was to see me at my mom's place which I live at. I soon heard a knock on my bedroom door.

    "Come in!" I yelled. The door opened to reveal my handsome boyfriend Shawn. He had his pearly white teeth being shown off by his big smile.

    "Hey darling." Shawn said while walking over to me.

    "Hey handsome, how was Jamaica?" I asked as he leaned down to give me a kiss, and then sat down on the long lounge chair that I was also sitting on.

    "It was good. We got a lot done. It would've been better if you were there though." He said, his face and voice going from looking like and sounding like pride, to looking and sounding like sadness.

    "I'm proud of you for getting a lot done Shawn. I wish that I could've been there but I couldn't because of school. I love you though." I said.

    "Thank you darling, I know. I wish you didn't have to go to school and could just stay in my arms twenty-four seven. I love you too my dear." He said.

    "My one class was canceled today so I had driven all the way there just to find that out from Susie. I hung out with her for a little bit though and we had a nice chat. Also, yesterday I found out that I don't have school on Monday, nor do I have school on Tuesday." I said.

    "Really?" He asked.

    "Yup." I said.

    "I'm texting Andrew to tell him that I'm not going into the studio those days so I can spend time with you. I can get a four day weekend." Shawn said excitedly.

    "Shawn you don't have to do that." I said.

    "No but I want to." He said.

    "Are you sure?" I asked.

    "Positive." Shawn said after he sent the text while looking at me with a smile on his face.

    "I love you honey." I said as I leaned in for a kiss.

    "I love you too darling." He said as he leaned in too and our lips met. I felt sparks throughout my body, butterflies flew around in my stomach and my heart beat like crazy. We pulled away all too soon.

    "Andrew is going to be so pissed at you Shawn. He is not going to want to give you those days off." I said.

    "Well, I'm going to spend time with my girl whether he likes it or not." He said. Shawn calling me his girl caused me to blush and smile while my heart fluttered. Shawn's phone rang.

    "Hello?" He said. I could hear Andrew on the other side of the phone.

    "I am not letting you take those days off!" Andrew yelled.

    "Andrew, I've been working hard, I worked hard in LA and I worked hard in Jamaica and I've worked hard no matter where I've been. I deserve a four day weekend with my girl." Shawn said.

"She is a distraction Shawn!" I heard Andrew yell. Shawn looked at me with a look of panic etched across his face and his eyes went wide when he saw my eyes pool with tears as I ran out of the room crying.

"Dammit Andrew! She heard you, you asshole! She is NOT a distraction, if anything she is my inspiration and my motivator, so you should be grateful for her. She just ran out of the room crying thanks to you. I have to go." I heard Shawn yell at Andrew before I heard his feet run out of my bedroom, into the hallway, through the dining room and into the living room where I was sitting, crying my eyes out.

"Am I," I hiccuped "Am I a distraction to you Shawn?" I asked, tears still streaming down my face.

"No Y/n you're not, that was just Andrew being stupid. You're not a distraction darling." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked Shawn.

"I am one hundred percent positive. You're my inspiration, you're my motivation, you're my biggest motivator and you're my number one supporter. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said as I still cried into his shoulder.

"Why are you still crying honey?" Shawn asked me. I shook my head no, not wanting to tell him why I was still crying. "You can tell me anything Y/n, you know that right? You trust me?" He asked.

"I know. I do trust you. It's just that, well, you know how in Don't Be A Fool you sing 'Don't waste your time / Trying to pull me in / 'Cause I'm just a mess / You don't wanna fix'?"

"Yes." Shawn said hesitantly, as if he knew where this was going.

"I'm a distraction and I'm a mess. Why do you even try to fix me?" I asked.

"Darling, you are not a distraction, nor are you a mess. Sure you've had your heartbroken by different people, like Mike, and different things, like your uncle's death, but everyone has had their hearts broken and I'm here because I love you dearly and I want to put those broken pieces back together again. I'll say it again, you are not a distraction, and you are not a mess. I'm here for you darling. I love you. Do you trust me?" Shawn asked.

"Thank you Shawn. I trust you Shawn, I really do." I said.

"Then trust me when I say that the words that I just said are true. Okay?" He asked. By now I had stopped crying because Shawn's words had calmed me down. I nodded my head.

"Okay. I love you so damn much Shawn. Thank you for standing up for me." I said.

"I love you so damn much too Y/n. You're welcome honey, it was no problem. Now come give me a kiss." Shawn said with a smile on his face. Our lips met and I could feel those sparks and butterflies again. I'm so in love with Shawn and I'm so thankful that he stood up for me.