96. You're sick

I woke up with a sore throat. I looked to my right. Shawn wasn't in bed, but there was a note left where he sleeps. It read:

Hi baby girl,

Sorry you woke up without me, but I got called into the studio early by Andrew. Your pancakes are in the refrigerator. Call me if you need anything baby girl. I love you.

Love,

Shawn

It was so sweet of him to leave me a note. He's always so thoughtful like that. I went downstairs to get my pancakes, and they tasted delicious. I was getting ready for school when I ran to the bathroom to get sick. I've gotten sick before school before so I didn't think anything of it, but my throat was still hurting. I finished getting ready and drove myself to school. When I got there, I was feeling worse.

"Hi Y/n. How are you?" Susie, my friend, asked me.

"I'm okay. I'm feeling a bit sick but I think that I should be okay." I said. As soon as I said that I had to run to the trash can to get sick again.

"I don't think that you should be in school. Does Shawn know that you feel like this?" She asked.

"No, he got called into the studio early. I don't want to bother him. I'll be fine, I just have to get through my classes and then I'll rest when I get home." I said.

"Okay but promise me that if you throw up again you'll go home?" She asked.

"Okay, I will." I promised, and I meant it. I really wasn't feeling good, but I couldn't miss my classes. I went through my first class without puking, but I threw up again when I was in my second and last class. I only had two classes that day. I texted Susie telling her that I was leaving, and then headed home. Shawn was already home when I got there. He smiled when he first saw me, then his smile faded and he looked concerned.

"Hi baby girl. Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Shawn asked me.

"Yeah, I am. But I got sick so I left." I said.

"Oh honey, are you okay now?" He asked. He walked over to me and put his hands on my waist. I put my hands on his biceps.

"I honestly have no clue. That was the third time that I've puked today." I admitted to him.

"Baby, why didn't you text me and why did you go to school and stay there?" Shawn asked me.

"I didn't want to bother you and interrupt you. I thought that I could get through the day." I said.

"Baby girl you never bother me. Did you puke before you went to school?" Shawn asked.

"Yes." I admitted.

"You shouldn't have gone to school. I could have come home and taken care of you. I'm so sorry honey." Shawn said.

"Baby it's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault it's mine." I said. Shawn rested his forehead on mine and then pulled away. He put his hand to my forehead and then walked to the bathroom. He came back with the thermometer.

"You're burning up, let me take your temperature." He said.

"Okay." I said, putting the thermometer in my mouth. Surprisingly it didn't make me puke. The thermometer beeped and Shawn took it out and his eyes widened.

"Honey your temperature is 101 degrees. You need to rest. Come here." Shawn said as he picked me up and carried me to our bedroom. He laid me down and covered me up and then ran downstairs to get me some medicine. "Here take this." He said. I took it and he laid down with me.

"Shawn I don't want you getting sick. Go out with Geoff or go in the living room or something." I said.

"No, I'm going to hold my girl until she gets better." He said. I was too tired and, by now, out of energy to fight him on this.

"Okay." I said. For the rest of the day, Shawn took care of me, and I will forever be grateful for him doing that.