179. He Tells You He Has To Leave

Today my boyfriend of two years, singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, asked if he could come over and talk to me about something. When he said it over the phone, it sounded important. I hope that he doesn't break up with me. I love him. Shawn soon walked into my house and down the stairs into the basement, where I was. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said as he walked over to me. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck and his arms went around my waist. I put my lips on his and put all of my love into the kiss, making sure that he knows how much I love him. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt sparks shootout throughout my body, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. We pulled away all too soon, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"Hi baby boy. Is everything okay? Whatever this is sounded like it's serious." I said.

"Let's sit down." Shawn said as he gently grabbed my hand and guided me over to the couch. We sat down.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked.

"No, God no. You're the love of my life, I would never break up with you." Shawn said. Well that's a relief. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

"Okay. That was my fear, that you were going to break up with me." I said.

"No baby, I just... I'm leaving for the festival run soon so I'll have to leave you." Shawn said. I felt tears spring to my eyes.

"How soon?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"In a couple of weeks." Shawn said. I let the tears out and soon I was sobbing. Why didn't he tell me sooner? Shawn rubbed my back.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked.

"I don't know... I didn't know when would be a good time to tell you." Shawn said.

"You should have told me sooner, we could have spent more time together." I said.

"I'm sorry baby, please don't cry." Shawn said, but I was sad, so I continued to cry. Shawn made an attempt to wipe the tears away but they kept coming.

"I'll miss you so much Shawn." I said. Shawn pulled me close to him.

"I know baby, and I'll miss you too. So, so much." Shawn said as my head rested on his chest. He rubbed my back and I soon calmed down.

"Sorry I freaked out like that." I said as I pulled away from Shawn and looked down at the couch. Shawn put his finger underneath my chin and gently lifted it up so I was looking at him.

"You didn't freak out. It's completely normal to get sad about something like this, but we always make the distance work, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said with a smile. "And I'm proud of us for that." I said.

"I'm proud of us for it too. I love you so much baby girl. We can do this, I promise. Plus, it's going to fly by and I'll be back before you know it. Okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you too. We can do this." I said with confidence.

"That's my girl." Shawn said with a smile. I giggled and leaned forward. I placed my lips on Shawn's and felt the sparks, butterflies, and heart racing all over again. I'm so in love with Shawn and I know we'll make this work.