199. He Posts About You

Lately I've been having a hard time. I have depression and when I get depressed, it takes quite the toll on me. It makes me not want to even get up out of bed. My boyfriend of three wonderful years, Shawn Mendes, knows how I can get and how I feel when I'm depressed and having a hard time. Last night I went to bed crying as Shawn held me and tried to soothe me.

When I woke up in the morning, Shawn wasn't there, but he left a note saying that he was with Andrew and to check his Instagram. That's weird. Anyways, I checked it, and saw that he had posted a black and white picture of us kissing while out for a walk with a friend. (A/N: Picture is above) We had asked her to take the picture for us and she had said yes. I smiled for the first time in a while, liked the photo, and looked at the caption. It read:

"To my darling princess: By the time that you see this, it will be morning, but I wrote this after you fell asleep. Darling, I know you've been having a hard time lately, and I wish that I could take all of your pain away, but I can't, and that kills me. I'll love you until the end of time, and I will ALWAYS be here for you. When you need me to, I will hold you. If you need to, my shoulder is there for you to cry on, and if a kiss will make you feel better, I do not at all mind giving you a kiss. Baby, when we kiss, I feel sparks like fireworks. I feel my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I feel butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I can't wait to marry you someday, but I know you want to wait a year or two, and I'm fine with that. As long as you're in my life, I'm happy. Honey, you make me the happiest man alive. I can't wait to start a family with you either. Our babies will beautiful, all because they'll look like you. I love you darling, text me when you see this."

I cried as I read the caption, and rather than texting him, I called him.

"Hey baby girl. Did you see my Instagram post?" Shawn asked.

"Yes. Thank you so much Shawn. I needed that. I love you so much and I want all of those things with you too. Marriage, kids, all of it. I want our babies to have your looks. I want our son to look and be just like you, but I want him to be his own self at the same time, and I want our daughter to know what real men should be like because of you. You set an amazing example. You treat me right and I can't thank you enough for that. I'm so in love with you Shawn. I love you, I love you, I love you." I said. I could hear Shawn smile.

"I love you, I love you, I love you too. I can't wait for all of that either. I'll be home soon and then we can spend time together in bed, okay?" Shawn said and asked.

"Okay." I said.

"Alright babe, I love you. Bye." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Bye." I said. Shawn soon arrived home and what Shawn had posted somehow helped to pull me out of the depression funk that I was in. I put my shoes on and met Shawn outside. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms. He caught me and my legs went around his waist. He looked surprised.

"Well you seem to be doing better. How are you feeling?" Shawn asked.

"Much, much, much better, thanks to your post. Thank you so much Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled.

"You're welcome my princess. I meant every single word too." Shawn said.

"I know you did. You always mean what you say." I said. Shawn tapped my thighs and put me down.

"Come on, let's go inside and cuddle." Shawn said, gently grabbing my hand. His big, warm hand made me feel safe and his touch electrified me.

"Actually, I was thinking that maybe we could go on a walk. Is that okay?" I said and asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"You're really feeling better, aren't you?" Shawn asked. I nodded. "Okay, let me just put my sneakers on and then we'll go. Does that sound good?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah. Can I have a kiss first please?" I asked. Shawn laughed.

"Oh my sweet, sweet girl, you never have to ask." Shawn said. We leaned forward and our lips met. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body like fireworks, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt my heart race like crazy. We pulled away, smiling at each other. Shawn put his sneakers on and came back outside. He gently grabbed my hand and we started our walk up the street.

"I missed you this morning." I said.

"I'm sorry honey. I missed you too. Andrew wanted to meet with me so we could talk about the tour." Shawn said.

"It's okay. Are you excited for tour?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah, just not excited about being away from everyone I love, especially you." Shawn said. I blushed.

"I know, but you'll come visit and it'll be worth it. Plus, you're living your dream, you know? Not a lot of people get to do that." I asked and said. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah, that's true." Shawn said. We strolled in silence for a bit but talked a bit more. We soon arrived back in front of our place.

"Want to sit on the deck?" I asked.

"Sure." Shawn said.

"We don't have to if you don't want to." I said, sensing that he didn't want to sit outside.

"I want to cuddle with you but we can do whatever you want baby girl." Shawn said. I thought for a moment before coming up with a compromise.

"How about this, we sit on the big lounge chair on the deck and cuddle up to each other? That sound good?" I asked my handsome boyfriend. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"That sounds perfect," Shawn said before kissing my forehead. "Come on, let's go cuddle." Shawn said. We snuggled up to each other in our large lounge chair that could fit the both of us and kept kissing each other.

"Thank you for making me feel better Shawn." I said.

"You're welcome Y/n. I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too babe." I said, and with that we continued to snuggle up to each other, and eventually fell asleep for a bit. I'm so grateful for Shawn.