139. Fight with Hailey Baldwin

I've been dating the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes for six months now. Our relationship has been a secret because we're not ready to go public yet. Although he gave me a promise ring, Shawn doesn't want me to get hurt, and he knows that the hate will be bad. I'm not a celebrity, I'm a college student, so people don't really know who I am.

Lately, for a publicity stunt, Shawn has been seen out with model Hailey Baldwin. Their publicists want to make it look like the two of them are dating even though they know about Shawn and I. It really bothers me but there is nothing that I can do about it. I was scrolling through Twitter, practically torturing myself by looking at photos of Shawn and Hailey at the Met Gala that they recently went to together. Shawn looked at her as if he were in love with her and even though I know they're not actually in love, it really looks like they are. Shawn was coming over soon and I didn't now if I should bring this up or not.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said with a smile on his face as he came down the stairs to where I was. I faked a smile at him.

"Hi honey." I said. Shawn frowned.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I lied.

"No you're not, I know you. You're not fine. What are you looking at on your phone?" Shawn asked, getting suspicious. He walked over to me and saw that I was looking at pictures of him and Hailey at the Met Gala. "Babe... come on, it's just a publicity stunt." Shawn said.

"I know but you're looking at her like you're in love with her." I pointed out.

"It's fake, I had to practice that and so did Hailey. I'm in love with you, not her." Shawn said.

"I don't know Shawn. I believe you but I hate your publicists right now." I said.

"I know honey, I know. I hate them too. Please believe me honey, there's nothing going on. You're my one and only. Do you want to meet her?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"I want to meet Hailey and Camila Cabello because I get jealous of her too, but not as much as Hailey." I said. Shawn nodded his head.

"Okay. You're my one and only. I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Come kiss me baby girl." Shawn requested. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck loosley as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We both leaned in and our lips met. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I love Shawn so much.

A week later I was at Shawn's place so I could meet Hailey and Camila. I was so nervous and anxious to meet them. I felt jealous too. The doorbell soon rang and Shawn opened up the door. Camila walked in first and gave Shawn a hug. When Hailey walked in, not only did she give Shawn a massive hug, but she also gave him a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to push her off him, but I remained calm. Extremely jealous, but calm. Camila walked over to me and smiled.

"Hailey, Camila, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Y/n. We've been dating for six months and we're very in love." Shawn said. I smiled at him and then at them. I shook Camila's hand first since she was closest to me and then Hailey's. She looked like her smile was fake. We all sat down. I sat in between Shawn and Camila, but Hailey sat on another chair since the couch couldn't fit anymore people.

"Y/n you're so pretty!" Camila said. I smiled at her.

"Thank you! You are too, and so are you Hailey." I said. They both thanked me. We all talked for an hour or so and I felt better about Camila but there was something about Hailey that I didn't like, but I couldn't put my finger on it. She didn't seem to talk very much, or at least not to me. She talked to Shawn a lot though, causing me to be jealous.