192. He Meets Your Parents

A/n: y/d/n means your dad's name and y/m/n means your mom's name and Thomas is your brother. Okay, let's begin!

Today is the day that my boyfriend of two months, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, meets my parents and my brother. I waited two months because I wanted to make sure that Shawn and I were at least a little serious before he meets my parents. My parents separated when I was sixteen but we were all going to meet at my mom's house, the house that I grew up in. I could practically feel Shawn's nerves set in as we drove closer.

"Shawn you'll be fine, I promise. They'll love you, just like I do." I said, reaching over the console to gently grab his hand, bring it to my lips and kiss it. He let out a shaky breath.

"Yeah. Just, don't leave my side, okay?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"Of course not. Plus, it's not that big of a house, we'll never be far from each other." I said with a laugh, and luckily Shawn laughed too. He still seemed a little nervous, but that's completely normal. I would be nervous to meet his parents, and we've talked about that too. We soon pulled up to the house Shawn took a deep breath. I leaned over the console to place a gentle kiss on his lips. I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Shawn makes my knees weak, and I love it. "Come on, let's go inside." I said. Shawn nodded and we got out of the car.

"Peanut." My mom said when she saw me walk in. That's what she calls me, don't ask me why though. "This must be Shawn. I'm Y/m/n." She said with a smile. He nodded.

"Nice to meet you." Shawn said as he stuck out his hand for her to shake, but rather than shaking his hand, she brought him in for a hug. He smiled, and I could see at least some of his nerves slipping away.

"Nice to meet you too. Y/d/n should be here in a minute or so. Thomas is upstairs. I'll tell him to come down." My mom said as she walked upstairs to tell my brother to come down. Shawn took a deep breath in, then he let it out. I put my arms around his neck loosley and he put his arms around my waist. I kissed his jaw. He smiled at me.

"You're doing great. Just a couple more people, dinner, then we're good. Okay?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"Okay darling." He said.

"Call me darling again." I requested. Shawn put his lips next to my ear.

"Darling." He said before placing a light kiss on my forehead. I smiled at him. We then heard two people coming down the stairs, and moved away from each other a little.

"Hi, how's it going?" My brother asked Shawn. Shawn shook his hand.

"Good, you?" Shawn asked.

"Good. Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." Thomas said. I blushed and everyone laughed when they noticed this. My dad soon arrived. I could practically see Shawn gulp. My dad walked in and hugged me.

"Hi sweetie." My dad said.

"Hi dad. This is my boyfriend Shawn." I said, gesturing to Shawn. My dad turned to Shawn and shook his hand.

"Hi Shawn, nice to meet you, I'm Y/d/n. I've heard a lot about you. Y/n talks about you nonstop." My dad said. I blushed again and Shawn chuckled when he noticed this.

"Nice to meet you too. Babe, you really talk about me that much?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course I do. You're a great guy, why wouldn't I want to talk about you?" I asked. Shawn blushed and laughed.

"Well, I made dinner. Let's go sit down." My mom said. We all sat down at the table and Shawn sat next to me. My dad started to speak.

"So Shawn, what are your intentions with my daughter?" My dad asked. Shawn smiled his million dollar smile.

"My intentions are to love her, protect her, and care for her." Shawn said. My dad nodded.

"Good. So what will you do when you're away on tour and away from her?" My dad asked.

"Her and I were actually just talking about this yesterday. We'll try to text, call, or facetime at least once a day. It's very important to us that we have good communication skills." Shawn said. My dad nodded again.

"While you're away, you'll stay loyal to her, right?" My dad asked.

"DAD!" I yelled.

"Of course I will. I love your daughter. I would never cheat on her or anyone for that matter." Shawn said. My dad nodded and I smiled. My brother began to speak.

"How did you two meet again? I forget." Thomas said. Shawn and I looked at each other and smiled.

"We were at a Justin Timberlake concert and saw each other and immediately hit it off," I said. "I didn't know that going to a concert would lead to me having an amazing boyfriend." Shawn smiled at me and kissed my cheek. I blushed.

"That was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen." My mom said. Shawn and I laughed. We had a nice dinner, and afterwards, we all sat down and watched the tv show Cops.

"Why is this guy even running from the cops? He must know that he won't be able to get away." Shawn asked and said. We all laughed and nodded.

"Y/n, can I talk to you in the kitchen please?" My mom asked.

"Sure." I said. Shawn looked at me. I gave him a reassuring nod. My mom and I walked into the kitchen.

"I love him. He's a keeper." My mom said. I smiled.

"You really think so?" I asked.

"Yeah. Even though we're sitting next to each other, your father and I are texting and he likes Shawn too." My mom said. I smiled again.

"Good, I'm glad." I said.

The night went smoothly and soon it was time for Shawn and I to leave.

"Bye everyone!" I said, hugging everyone goodbye. Shawn gave everyone hugs too, and soon we left.

"That went better than I expected." Shawn said once we got in the car and started to drive away.

"Yeah?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I expected a lot more questions." Shawn said.

"Well, for the questions, you did great." I said. Shawn looked at me.

"You really think so?" Shawn asked.

"Yes. You know how my mom pulled me into the kitchen?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah." He said.

"That was to tell me that her and my dad love you and that you're a keeper." I said. Shawn let out a breath and smiled at me.

"Now, do you think I'm a keeper?" Shawn asked.

"Definitely." I said with a smile. Shawn kept smiling at me.

"I love you darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said. The night had gone great and I couldn't have been happier with how it went. I'm a very happy girl.