197. Red Carpet

The VMAs are today/tonight and my boyfriend is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. I decided to wear a long red dress that would hug my curves and I put my y/h/c in a bun. Shawn would be dressing in a black tuxedo with a white shirt and black tie. I put on my makeup and I had to admit, I was feeling a bit confident. I looked good, and I usually don't say that about myself. If only I could dress like this all of the time. I walked downstairs to where Shawn was. His back was to me and Josiah was taking pictures of him. I put my finger to my mouth so Josiah would know to stay quiet, and walked over to Shawn, and put my hands so they were covering his eyes. He turned around and his jaw dropped.

"Do I look okay?" I asked Shawn. He nodded his head violently.

"Darling you look... wow. I have no words. Just, wow." Shawn said. I smiled and blushed. Shawn smiled at me, took my hands, and kissed the tops of both of them.

"I would do the same to you but I have lipstick on." I said with a giggle. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"That would be funny if I had lipstick on my hands." Shawn said. I shook my head but had a smile on my face.

"You're nuts." I said. Shawn pointed at me.

"But you love me anyways." Shawn said with a smirk.

"This is true." I said.

"Alright you two, time to get going." Andrew said. Shawn and I nodded and he gently grabbed my hands and we walked out to the car that would take us to the place that they were holding the VMAs at.

"You look amazing by the way." I said to Shawn as the two of us and Andrew drove along. Shawn blushed.

"Thank you darling." Shawn said. Suddenly, nerves started to set in. I'm not a superstar. I'm a school counselor. I'm not used to this. I squeezed Shawn's hand, and he looked at me with a look of concern etched across his face. "You nervous?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah. I'm just not used to this stuff." I said.

"I know hun. It takes time. Even I still get nervous sometimes." Shawn said. This shocked me.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup. But you'll do fine honey, and I promise you that I won't leave your side, okay?" Shawn asked.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise." Shawn said. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay. Will there be interviews?" I said and asked.

"Probably, but you'll stay right by my side." Shawn said. I smiled.

"We're here." Andrew said. Someone opened the door and Shawn stepped out before turning around and offering me his hand. I slowly took it. His touch electrified me as I gently took his hand. He offered me a smile, and I returned it. Shawn interlaced our fingers together and we walked hand in hand down to our first spot on the red carpet. Shawn put his arm around my waist and I put my arm around him too, and we smiled for the cameras. We walked to our next spot, and continued to do this until someone walked up to us.

"Shawn! Is this your lovely girlfriend Y/n?" The lady asked. Shawn nodded and smiled at me.

"It is." Shawn said.

"Could we interview you guys?" She asked.

"You want me too?" I asked, just to make sure that I had heard her right.

"Of course!" She said cheerily. Shawn and I nodded and he gave my hand a slight squeeze.

"Julia Hoffman here with Shawn Mendes and Y/n Y/l/n. How are you guys?" Julia asked.