30. For Shannon

Shawn's perspective

"If I had to pick a favorite," I heard my dad say "it would have to be Aaliyah." My heart broke as I heard my mom agree with him. I went downstairs to where they were to confront them.

"Why is Aaliyah your favorite?" I blurted out.

"What are you talking about? We don't have a favorite." My mom said. Great. My mom just lied straight to my face.

"Don't lie to me! I heard what you just said about Aaliyah being your favorite. Why?" I asked.

"Shawn," my mom started "you're never even here. What are we supposed to do?" She asked.

"Love your children equally, that's what you're supposed to do!" I yelled. I couldn't control my tears as I ran up to my room and sobbed. I had to get my own place and get out of here. I decided to go to my girlfriend Shannon's house.

When I showed up at her house, she was in her pajamas, but it didn't matter, she still looked gorgeous. I stared into her brown eyes as her brown hair cascaded down the sides of her face. All of my anger went away as I stared at her beautiful face.

"Hello? Earth to Shawn. Are you okay?" She asked while giggling.

"Kinda. I'm better now that I'm seeing you, but I'm also pretty upset. Can we talk?" I asked. She looked concerned.

"Of course. Let's go in my room." She said.

I explained to her what happened as I cried, and even yelled a little.

"Shawn, everything will be okay. You just need to give your parents some time. You need to cool off before you go back home and talk to them. Just tell them how you feel and don't be afraid to let your emotions out. Okay?" She asked. Shannon could always make me feel better.

"Okay. Thank you my baby." I said as I kissed her hand and she blushed.

"Anything for you. I love you." She said. I kissed her lips, hoping that all of my love and thankfulness was felt through the kiss. "Wanna watch a movie?" She asked.

"Harry Potter?" I asked in response.

"Of course!" She said in a 'duh' type of tone.

I love this girl, my Shannon, more than life itself.

I hope that you like this Shannon!