70. Can't Sleep Without Him

Hi guys! This imagine includes texting, so the bold parts are the text messages, the underline is who it is. Okay, let us begin!

 Shawn was in the studio with Scott, Teddy, and the rest of the gang in LA. My house with him is in Boston, so we're on opposite sides of the country and I hate being so far away from him. Before LA, he had been in Jamaica for about ten days. We've been apart for so long and it's killing me. I love him so much and I miss him more than words can say.

We always fall asleep in each other's arms, but for the past close to two weeks, I've had to fall asleep alone, without my favorite person. Due to the fact that I don't have him to fall asleep with, I haven't been sleeping well at all since he's been gone. I used to use his chest as my pillow. He would lay on his back, my head would be on his chest, and his arms would be wrapped around me, holding me safely in his embrace. But now? Now I have to use the actual pillow, the one that's cold and isn't my boyfriend's chest.

On this particular night, I was really struggling to fall asleep. It was two o'clock in the morning in Boston, meaning it was 11:00 o'clock at night in LA. Would Shawn still be awake?

Me: Hey Shawn. Are you still awake?

Shawn: Hey baby. What are you doing up? It's two o'clock in the morning in Boston.

Me: I know, I just miss you.

Shawn Facetime called me within seconds. I picked up immediately. He was still in the studio.

"Hey baby girl. Why aren't you asleep?" Shawn asked me.

"Shawn, you're still in the studio, you should get back to work, I'll just talk to you in the morning." I said.

"No, my girl is more important." Shawn said as he walked to a quieter, more private place in the studio.

"Shawn, you should really get back to work." I said.

"Darling, as much as you fight me on this, I'm not going back to work until I figure out why you're still up." He said. I sighed. I knew that there was no way out of this besides telling him that I wasn't sleeping, but I didn't want to tell him the reason why.

"Alright, alright. I've been struggling to fall asleep lately. That's why I'm awake at two o'clock in the morning." I said. Now it was his turn to sigh. I could see the looks of concern and sadness that were etched across his handsome face.

"Why haven't you been sleeping beautiful?" He asked.

"That's not important Shawn." I said, not wanting him to know why.

"No, honey, it is important. Can you please tell me why?" He asked. I knew I needed to tell him, but I really didn't want to.

"Because you're not here." I said quietly, hoping that he wouldn't hear me, maybe that would make him want to drop it, but of course, he didn't drop it.

"What's that darling? Sorry, I couldn't hear you." Shawn said.

"It's because you're not here. I'm struggling to fall asleep because you're not here." I said.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry darling. I'll come home as soon as possible." Shawn said.

"No, Shawn, you're going to stay in LA and work. I'm a big girl, I can handle this on my own. This is why I didn't want to tell you. Please stay and work, just do it for me, okay?" I asked of him. He sighed again.

"Baby girl, I've been struggling with the same thing and it's starting to affect the music. I want to come home to you - no, scratch that - I need to come home to you soon. I'll be home as soon as possible. I'll talk to the guys and tell them why I need to do this, they'll understand." He explained.

"What about the fans? What about Andrew?" I asked, starting to worry about how people would react to this.

"I don't care. I'm coming home to my girl as soon as I can and I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't care if the album takes a little longer, we're almost done with it anyways." Shawn said.

"Okay, just let me know when you get a flight. I'm going to try and go to bed now. See if I can sleep. Goodnight baby boy. I love you." I said.

"Goodnight my beautiful girl. I love you too." Shawn said, and with that, we hung up. Knowing that he was coming home soon must have helped me fall asleep because I fell asleep almost immediately.