140. Anniversary

Today marks one year since my boyfriend Shawn Mendes and I started dating. I'm not quite sure of what he has planned, but I know he has something planned because he told me. I got him a few gifts for our anniversary. Shawn soon showed up at my door with something behind his back.

"Hi baby girl. Happy anniversary." Shawn said with a smile on his face as he walked into the house, something still behind his back. He gave me a kiss.

"Hi honey, happy anniversary." I said with a smile on my face.

"I got you these tulips. I probably should've gotten roses but I know that tulips are your favorite." Shawn said as he moved his arms from behind his back to reveal the flowers.

"No these are perfect Shawn. Thank you so much. They're beautiful." I said with a smile before kissing his cheek.

"Just like you, my love." He said. I put the flowers in a vase with water and walked back over to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely. He leaned in and our lips met. I felt sparks shootout throughout my body. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. I'm so insanely, madly, deeply, in love with Shawn and I know that this is only the beginning, and I know that he feels the same way about me. We pulled away from each other, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss with smiles on our faces.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said, still smiling. He kissed my forehead and then leaned his forehead against mine. "I'm so in love with you baby." Shawn said. I hummed in response.

"I feel the same way, my love. What are we doing today? All you told me was to wear sneakers." I asked and said. Shawn pulled his head away and kissed my nose.

"Well, that's a surprise. Now come on, let's go to your surprise." Shawn said with a smirk. I shook my head in disbelief while laughing.

"Oh come on, you know that I don't like surprises!" I exclaimed. Shawn laughed as we walked out to the his jeep. He opened the jeep door for me and shut the door after I got in.

"Well," Shawn said when he got in the car. "You'll find out what we're doing, and then it won't be a surprise anymore." Shawn said. I laughed. He put his hand on my thigh and we drove off. We soon arrived at the state park that I love.

"Oh yay! I love it here." I said with a smile while looking at Shawn. Shawn laughed.

"I know, that's one of the reasons why I brought you here." Shawn said.

"One of the reasons why? What are the others?" I asked.

"Not telling you." Shawn said. I shook my head again. We got out of the car and my lovely boyfriend went to the trunk of the jeep and grabbed a basket before walking over to me and gently grabbing my hand.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a basket." Shawn said with his cute smirk.

"Well I know that! What's in it?" I asked.

"You'll find out." Shawn said. He led me to an open field and opened the basket. He took out a blanket and laid it down. He pulled out a couple of sandwiches and some drinks. Non alcoholic of course. I couldn't remember the last time someone had taken me for a picnic before so I was very happy.

"Oh Shawn, I love you for this. Thank you so much." I said with tears in my eyes. He noticed the tears and a look of concern washed over his face.

"I love you too honey but why do you look like you're going to cry?" He asked.

"Because I don't remember the last time that someone took me out for a picnic so I'm really happy." I said. Shawn smiled and the look of concern was gone from his face.

"Well you're my baby girl so you deserve this. Now come sit with me." Shawn requested. I sat down on the blanket with him and we talked about anything and everything as we ate our sandwiches and drank our drinks. Suddenly, I remember something.

"Oh crap." I said.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"I forgot your presents in my room." I said.

"That's okay. We can go back to your place after and get them and then go to my place after. That sound good?" Shawn asked. I immediately felt calmer and nodded my head.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Sorry I forgot them." I said, looking down. Shawn put his index finger under my chin and lightly lifted my head up.

"Baby, it's totally okay. Everybody forgets things sometimes." Shawn said. I smiled at him and pecked his lips. After the picnic we sat on a bench near a pond and just looked out towards the water. I wrapped my hands around Shawn's arm and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too. Come on, let's go get those presents." Shawn said. We headed out to the car, got in, and drove to my house. I ran inside, got my bag of presents, and got back in the car. Shawn tried to sneak a peek of what was inside. I moved the bag away further.

"Don't look! You can't know just yet." I said with a giggle. Shawn laughed as he drove off to his house. We soon got there and went inside.

"You wait in the living room, I'll go get your presents." Shawn said. He ran up the stairs to his bedroom while I waited in the living room. He soon came down the stairs with a bag and we swapped our bags.

"Here you go my love." I said as I handed him the bag.

"Thank you. Who should go first? Me or you?" Shawn asked. I was too eager to see what his reaction would be to my gifts.

"You." I said. Shawn nodded his head and pulled out a picture frame that held twelve pictures of Shawn and I. One for each month that we've been together for. He pulled out fifty-two index cards that were strung together. There was one memory written on each one of the index cards. One memory for each week we've been together for. I gave him 365 gummies, one for each sweet day that we've been together for, and one wallet for the one year that we've been together for. I saw tears in Shawn's eyes as he finished pulling the presents out.

"Thank you so much baby girl. I love these presents. I love the pictures that you picked." Shawn said with a smile on his face.

"You're welcome honey. They're my favorite pictures of us." I said with a smile.

"Open up your gifts baby girl." Shawn said. I looked inside the bag and saw three velvet boxes, all in different shapes. The first one I pulled out was the biggest box, but it wasn't too big. I opened it up to find the necklace that I've been wanting but couldn't afford because of school. I looked at Shawn with tears in my eyes as he smiled at me. The next box I pulled out was smaller. I opened it up to find a bracelet with a charm on it that was the letter S, obviously for Shawn. I pulled out the last box and opened it to find the feather shaped ring that I've been wanting. At this point, tears were running down my face. Happy tears of course.

"Thank you so much Shawn. Will you help me put the necklace on please?" I asked. He nodded as he wiped my tears away.

"Of course. Come here." He said. I turned around and he put the heart shaped necklace on me. He helped me put the bracelet on too, and he wanted to put the ring on me also.

"I love you so much Shawn. Can I have a hug?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Baby girl you never have to ask. I love you too." He said. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Happy anniversary Shawn." I said.

"Happy anniversary Y/n." Shawn said. I love him so much and I know that this is only the beginning.